ihmsa memorabilia

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
therose7
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 15213

ihmsa memorabilia

Post by therose7 »

some of you may know that i have been archiving ihmsa memorabilia like pins, patches, belt buckles, and some t-shirts and some hats.
i made the t-shirts and patches into a large quilt, and i have a second quilt of los angeles silhouette club t-shirts which i bought. it was made by a member's wife and donated to the club as part of a fund raiser after the club house burned down in one of the many california fires.

i have five glass frames with ihmsa pins and one with ihmsa belt buckles.

when i leave the range, it is my intention to leave this archive to the nra library with a sufficiently large donation that they won't turn it down. about ten years ago i donated to them my complete run of silhouette newsletters and ihmsa news newsletters as well as my collection of the national silhouette report, that jewel of creativity by jim harris.

this archive includes one of every internationals pin and almost every achievement pin like 40x40, 60x60, and 80x80 pins and 100 club and 140 club pins. the ones before 1980 were left to me by the late dave whitman. the others i earned and bought myself.

i also have a lot of state and regional pins and patches. recently i saw a pile of ihmsa pins most of which i had, but there were three regional pins i did not have so i bought the lot. i had no option to pick and choose. i now have several duplicates, and i would like to give those to anyone who would like them, first come, first served.

these are pins for the 1981 idaho internationals, 1985 idaho internationals, 1986 idaho internationals, 1990 texas internationals, and the 1979 region 6 championships. i have several of each of these.

i also have one of each of the following: 1979 arizona internationals, 1987 tennessee internationals, 1988 idaho internationals, and 1983 regions 7 championships. these i would prefer to trade for some of the few things i do not have. the main things i am missing are 100 club and 140 club pins, both small bore and big bore, from the mid 1990s. i had spinal surgery in 1994 and did not return to the range until 2000, and by that time there were new 100 and 140 club pins. i never got the mid 1990s ones because i never earned them, but now that i am archiving ihmsa memorabilia, i figure i should try to get them and include them.

also, i believe there were 40x40 60x60 and 80x80 belt buckles going back into the mid 1980s that preceded the ones we have now. i have the recent ones, but i don't have the really early ones. anything i am missing that i want i would buy for any reasonable price, but i figured someone might prefer some of the rarer ihmsa internationals pins.

also i am seeking information about pins from the los angeles silhouette club extravaganzas. these began in 1996 and continue to this day. i have pins for every year except 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2001. no one who attended these matches has pins for those years, and i strongly suspect there simply were no pins for those years, but if anyone knows otherwise, i would greatly appreciate a picture of the 1996, 1997, 1998, or 2001 pin if someone has one.

thanks for taking the time to read this. if you want one of the free pins, please email me at <therose7@earthlink.net> and send me your address.
the old guy (eric king)

ps. i may try again next year for an 80x80x80, that is, an iron sighted 80x80 after the age of 80. i screwed up a turkey in okc this year and got 79. does anyone know if anyone ever has done 80x80x80? i doubt i'll get another 100 or 140 because i can't shoot standing over 20 anymore, and i doubt i'll shoot another 40x40 in half size, but i keep trying. i did shoot a 40x40 in small bore production two months ago so there still is some hope.