Cast 7mm "HUNTER" boolit

ihmsakiwi
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Cast 7mm "HUNTER" boolit

Post by ihmsakiwi »

Just thought I would post some info on the recently suppied / bought mold from NOE over on the Cast Boolit site.
I needed a nose-rider design along the lines of the RCBS 145 gr which I have been shooting in my XP 7BR. The new mold is a five banger and it sure drops boolits fast, one banks worth at each opening. It has a larger metplat than the RCBS one, hence the "hunter" name as many on that board wanted a hunting boolit.
I shot two matches recently and ended up with two 39/40's. Both misses in each match were definitely caused by the nut behind the butt.
I used the load of V V N140 I use with the RCBS boolit. Very little difference in POI, not enough to even need to dial on.
Well worth trying if you can get a mold. Peter
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: Cast 7mm "HUNTER" boolit

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Peter,

I am also using N-140 but with the RCBS bore rider 145 grain bullet. I use 29.5 grains in my 10" MOA Chambered in 7BR with Remington 7 1/2 Primers & Remington cases.

What pistol are you using & what is it chambered in?

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
ihmsakiwi
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by ihmsakiwi »

19 Turkeys wrote:Peter,

I am also using N-140 but with the RCBS bore rider 145 grain bullet. I use 29.5 grains in my 10" MOA Chambered in 7BR with Remington 7 1/2 Primers & Remington cases.

Steve W.
Hi Steve

XP100 7BR, in the brown zytell stock. i have been using the 145gr RCBS for many years with 28 grains of N140, Fed SR primers.
I wanted a five banger mold to speed up the casting process and the Hunter is similiar but with a wider metplat.
I have a clone of the RCBS 357cal 200gr mold on order which is an exact copy so that will again speed up the casting for my FA 357.
I am about to get (two more sleeps) my FA Single shot 15" 7BR so hopefully the Hunter boolit will also fit and shoot well in that.
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

19 Turkeys wrote:Peter,

Steve W.
Steve
What velocity are you getting with this load. Sounds like a pretty potent load
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
Win1917
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57463

Post by Win1917 »

They're doing a rerun of this mold over on CB. I put in for a 3 banger with one hollow point. I'm planning to use it in a 7 TCU for steel and hunting.
IHMSA 57463