Forum Participation

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
User avatar United States of America
IHMSA80x80
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Forum Participation

Post by IHMSA80x80 »

Jim, I believe that new members here must have a certain number of posts "approved" before they are allowed normal posting procedures. I am not sure what the minimum number is, you would have to ask Boomer. It might have something to do with keeping possible trolls and scammers off the site.
"Are you gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?"
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

Jim, I don't believe your posts have to be approved. It takes Boomer a while sometimes to approve each member. I want to emphasize it is not done to keep out anyone except spammers. If someone were to register today and immediately post something it will not show up until Boomer approves the poster, not the post. I was one of the first to join and my posts didn't show up, so I e-mailed Boomer and he explained it to me. I have also e-mailed him on behalf of others to get them started. Because of Boomers commitments some approvals of new members take longer.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

Hi Guys,

Just getting things stirred. It appears this post was posted immediately so may be taken care already.

BTW I am going down to Crittenden to shoot with you guys Saturday. Will be my first time there and am really looking forward to it.

Jim kesser
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

Prior to my post, I had sent an email to Bob with the question about my posts. When he did not reply, I flamed my displeasure. As it turns out, I had used an email that I rarely check and Bob had replied and answered my question promptly and as a gentleman.

My sincere apologies to Bob and the board.

Another good reason why grown men should not be allowed to use the Internet!!!

Abjectly contrite,

Jim Kesser
Justin Cider
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 44714

Post by Justin Cider »

35isit wrote:Well said David. I personally would like to see more match reports. I know match reports are more important to new shooters mainly. But, I like reading them also. The Specialty Pistol Forum has a lot of silhouette info on it. Thank goodness for Magnum Mike and his forum. He was there when we had no real place of our own. I just wish some of those posters would duplicate their questions, comments and other items here for our new shooters and lurkers.
Match reports would be cool