2016 IHMSA membership plan

Here is the place to post your ideas and suggestions for the President of IHMSA.
Forum rules
Civility and decorum is expected. Any posts of an antagonistic or abusive nature will be deleted and the poster reprimanded.
United States of America
volleyman
IHMSA President
IHMSA Member#: 52664

Post by volleyman »

Below is the 2016 membership plan as approved by the board. It lowers the membership annual dues and it will provide an annual printed issue of the IHMSA News to each member of IHMSA. The timeline for this is following. The members who need to renew their membership should do so during January and early February. Match Directors will need to get their 2016 match dates into Dan as soon as possible so they can be included in the annual newsletter. The annual newsletter will be printed in late February. The annual newsletter, the new 2016 rule book, and the new IHMSA scorecard will be mailed in one envelope in early March.

Switching to a calendar year IHMSA membership renewal.
Every members renewal will be due Jan.1 of each year. To get everyone in sync we will need to do the following during the 2016 calendar year.
If you renewed your 2015 membership after July 1, 2015 you will get 2016's renewal for free. If you renewed before June 30 , 2015 you will have to renew on Jan.1, 2016.
New members who join after the IHMSA World Championships will pay the full year membership dues but will get membership for the remaining months of the current year and membership for the following year. That way we won't have to deal with a partial year membership discount.
US Membership dues will be $35 for members receiving the online newsletter and an annual printed copy of the newsletter.
US Membership dues will be $55 for printed copy's of the IHMSA News.
International postal rates will added to the International members dues.
There will be one annual printed copy of the IHMSA News that will be sent to all current paid members in the spring with match dates and range information in the early spring.
Full time students will pay the junior rate of $10 annual membership.
User avatar United States of America
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

Re: 2016 IHMSA membership plan

Post by high standard 40 »

I view this as a positive move and seems well thought out. Thanks. I do have one question. What will be the membership fee for a spouse?
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

high standard 40 wrote:I view this as a positive move and seems well thought out. Thanks. I do have one question. What will be the membership fee for a spouse?
Spouse/Juniors are still $10.00. Only Change is that Juniors after their 18th birthday that are Full time students will be only $10.00 also until they Graduate.

I am working on the new form right now and will have it up in the next couple of days. Since I was holding up the Nov/Dec issue of the IHMSA news because of this, it should be released today.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
User avatar Canada
borregos
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 52095

Post by borregos »

tonedaddy wrote:Great news! Thanks to you and board for making this happen! :D
I agree, thank you.
Pete
Ontario Provincial Director
Match Director, Galt Sportsmen's Club
United States of America
volleyman
IHMSA President

Post by volleyman »

To make it a little clearer to those who have renewed within the past 6 months. If you became a member or renewed your membership between July 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015 you will not have to renew your membership until Januray 1, 2017. You will get your 2016 IHMSA card along with a new 2016 rule book and a printed copy of the newsletter in March, 2016. You will have gotten up to 18 months of membership for the old membership rate. The board thought that this was the fairest way to do it without getting involved with partial payments or refunds which would have increased the workload of headquarters.
Continue to use your old scorecards until the new cards arrive in early March and transfer info onto the new cards. Match directors should be aware of this switchover and will allow shooters to compete with cards that have recently expired.
The switchover will be complete on January 1, 2017 and at that point all memberships will need to be renewed on an annual basis.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

I agree in principle with this plan but suspect it will make life a little hectic around New Years for the HQ staff to send out membership renewals for the whole membership. Also realizing how difficult it would be to request one half year dues for people whose memberships expire after 30 June, will that negatively affect our treasury? I agree trying to track these half year dues might be difficult but with reducing our dues shouldn't we try to at least collect something for the extra six months of membership? Since I haven't seen a treasurer's report for a while I'm curious if we can afford to give out the extra six months as freebies.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
volleyman
IHMSA President

Post by volleyman »

260 Striker wrote:I agree in principle with this plan but suspect it will make life a little hectic around New Years for the HQ staff to send out membership renewals for the whole membership. Also realizing how difficult it would be to request one half year dues for people whose memberships expire after 30 June, will that negatively affect our treasury? I agree trying to track these half year dues might be difficult but with reducing our dues shouldn't we try to at least collect something for the extra six months of membership? Since I haven't seen a treasurer's report for a while I'm curious if we can afford to give out the extra six months as freebies.

The plan is to reduce the workload for headquarters. We plan to do one large bulk mailing of the scorecard, rule books,and annual newsletter in early March. We will assemble everything at one of our air pistol matches in Minnesota and bulk mail them to save money and labor. We can do a large number of the renewals and headquarter will do the late renewals and any new members we get during the year. It will help us saved money if most of the members renew during January so it can be included in the bulk mailing.
This membership plan is possible largely due to the cost savings we have seen by publishing the newsletter "in house". And Dan deserves a lot of thanks for stepping up and doing the job.
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

This seems to be well thought out. I've long thought all dues should be due at one time.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Works for me :ymapplause: ~o) :-bd
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like a time saver and won't hurt our finances. Great plan!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885