New IHMSA Sec/Tres elected

Here is the place to post your ideas and suggestions for the President of IHMSA.
Forum rules
Civility and decorum is expected. Any posts of an antagonistic or abusive nature will be deleted and the poster reprimanded.
User avatar United States of America
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Re: New IHMSA Sec/Tres elected

Post by AtomicDogg »

Ray, Thank You for stepping up to the plate !!!

Also, Thank You Warren for your service in the past
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper
United States of America
gibar
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by gibar »

I am sure the new Sec/treas. will do a good job, but didn't tonedaddy volunteer for this position? Wassup?
Join in 1978 IHMSA# 3109
NRA life
Former match director Miamisburg Sportsmen's Club
Former IHMSA Ohio State Director
Member OGCA
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Congrats and I think this sums things up..........

https://youtu.be/WwPkus8rg6c
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
United States of America
volleyman
IHMSA President
IHMSA Member#: 52664

Post by volleyman »

gibar wrote:didn't tonedaddy volunteer for this position? Wassup?
He never sent in an nomination form to Dell Taylor, who handles all elections. Those are the rules for elections. You also have to nominated by two members on the form.
United States of America
gibar
Class C

Post by gibar »

tonedaddy wrote:
volleyman wrote:
gibar wrote:didn't tonedaddy volunteer for this position? Wassup?
He never sent in an nomination form to Dell Taylor, who handles all elections. Those are the rules for elections. You also have to nominated by two members on the form.
This is correct Steve but you were all so desperate for a new one I submitted my resume and said I would step up in several emails to YOU months ago and you never replied. Guess you have to be in the IHMSA "click" to get anywhere like some of our regional directors are finding out! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
And thanks Ray for stepping up!
Lord, I hope that Elgin is still not running this organization where if he does not the color of your green socks you are out(is this in the rule book?).
Join in 1978 IHMSA# 3109
NRA life
Former match director Miamisburg Sportsmen's Club
Former IHMSA Ohio State Director
Member OGCA
United States of America
volleyman
IHMSA President

Post by volleyman »

The election rules are in the bylaws. The nominations officer is Dell Taylor. He handles the elections of the executive board. By the way I'm not fond of green socks, but you can shoot with any color you like or without socks if you want to.
Anyone who wants to run for any position in IHMSA is certainly able to if they follow the simple rules governing the elections, but most will prefer to stay in the background and complain. It's much easier to sit behind a keyboard and throw darts than it is to volunteer and help this organization. It's just the nature of some people today.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Can someone point me to the current bylaws? The last copy I have is from 2007. The 2007 version said "endorsement of the nominee and signatures of two other financial members of the corporation". What is a financial member of the corporation? The last paragraph in Article VII, Section 3, covers insufficient nominations but the first sentence is an incomplete sentence and makes no sense. Then in Section 4 it states an office can be filled for an un-expired term by a majority vote of the remaining Board members. I guess that took place for Ray. Also states the President must give notice of such. Did that happen too. I'm not nit-picking but think we need to be as open as possible about important things like this. I also think the bylaws need to be reviewed and possibly updated. At least that incomplete sentence in Section 3 is one example. Bottom line, GO RAY!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
volleyman
IHMSA President

Post by volleyman »

260 Striker wrote: What is a financial member of the corporation? !
I believe it is legal talk for a member with their membership dues paid up.
With your interest in the bylaws I'm sure you would be willing to volunteer to review the bylaws, suggest changes and present your revisions to the board for review. Thanks for your effort in this undertaking.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

If someone will post the bylaws on this site or send me a copy in an email I would be glad to look for things like the incomplete sentence I found in the rules for nominations. I can look for the usual misspelled words and possible contradictions between rules but as far as suggesting meaningful, political changes, that would be up to the Board. I'm game for it. Lynn at shultza@watchtv.net

FWIW - I think the bylaws should also be on this site along with the official rules. They go hand in hand.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

260 Striker wrote:If someone will post the bylaws on this site or send me a copy in an email I would be glad to look for things like the incomplete sentence I found in the rules for nominations. I can look for the usual misspelled words and possible contradictions between rules but as far as suggesting meaningful, political changes, that would be up to the Board. I'm game for it. Lynn at shultza@watchtv.net

FWIW - I think the bylaws should also be on this site along with the official rules. They go hand in hand.

Just sent to you. thanks for helping 260!
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!