IHMSA Cast Bullet Competition- 2018

User avatar United States of America
marshall623
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57357

IHMSA Cast Bullet Competition- 2018

Post by marshall623 »

Seen this is Nov/Dec. newsletter , question is do you scan your score card with the scores you want to use highlighted and E-mail it in ? Next question is who is on board with this ? I'm in , looks like a good thing .
caster
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57128

Re: IHMSA Cast Bullet Competition- 2018

Post by caster »

Thanks for the question. We want to make this as simple for everyone involved as we can, including me, so I'm good with everyone just sending me a quick email with your score, date shot, what it was shoot in (P, S, etc...) and your class for that gun (AAA, AA, etc...). This is a fun shoot and on the honor system. If it is easier to scan your card and send it in that way, works for me. Send scores to "frstchckn@outlook.com".

Look forward to this year's cast bullet shoot. My wife and I will be at the Internationals again this year and plan on shooting 2-3 guns there with cast bullets. Hope some of you will join us!

Russ
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

What are the details of this. Is it a yearly thing or monthly or what. I may have a couple scores from earlier this month
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
caster
Target Setter

Post by caster »

This is an annual contest, or at least most of the year, March through November. Hope to do this every year so we will see how it develops. Shot my first entry at Pueblo yesterday, great weather.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

I'm lax these days shooting cast but I think it would also be nice if the shooters would include a note about mould used, mix used (lino, WW, water quenched WW, lead), powder used, brass and even crimp type if that is important. Cast bullet shooters like to read stuff like that. Also important if necessary whether same load is used for all animals or possibly heavier bullets just for rams. All good stuff to know. This might help resurrect a monthly cast bullet column like the old days. I still rummage through really old newspapers looking for load info with cast bullets. Keep up the good work!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
caster
Target Setter

Post by caster »

35isit, this is an annual competition. Full details can be found on the Nov/Dec newsletter. If you have scores, send them over and I will get them entered. We will award at end of year.

260 Striker. Great idea. If there is enough feedback on this forum for such a column, we can make a run at it if others will help out. I'm a little challenged in this area so will need some help. Also looking to set something up for the internationals to award top cast bullet score so if anyone has input or ideas, would love to hear them.
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

Sent a couple of Field Pistol entries in.

Wondering if we couldn't do a thread here as well?
caster
Target Setter

Post by caster »

jmoore, received your scores, great shooting. I'm open to a thread, what do you have in mind?
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

caster wrote:jmoore, received your scores, great shooting. I'm open to a thread, what do you have in mind?
Get Proclaim the admin of the website to make you a sub forum in the match results. Then each month list the scores by category, class, score and state. I will give you an example. Oh by the way list ties in alphabetical order.

E.G
BIG BORE
U-AA T Smith 35 Co
U-AA J Anderson 34 Ky
U-AA P Thompson 34 Ms
UAS-INT W Fineman 40 Wi

FIELD PISTOL
P-AA A Howard 28 Tx
P-A C Brown 19 Ca

You can do this on a spread sheet and upload it like some do. or you can put them on as they come in by editing the post.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Please don't forget to ask shooters about guns, cartridges and load info if available. CB shooters like to know that stuff. Even bullet mould, alloy info or bought CBs would be interesting.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885