260 Remington with CB, 1st match results

United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: 260 Remington with CB, 1st match results

Post by 260 Striker »

JSH, I think I will find a .266 H&I when I start using WW. Don't even know where I got the .265 H&I. Probably some wheeling and dealing in the past. Thanks for the info.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
User avatar United States of America
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

Post by high standard 40 »

260 Striker wrote:JSH, I think I will find a .266 H&I when I start using WW. Don't even know where I got the .265 H&I. Probably some wheeling and dealing in the past. Thanks for the info.
260, you mentioned in an earlier post in this thread that your mold drops a bullet of a diameter that is "just smoothed" out by a .265" die. You will have to consider that if you start casting from COWW metal, which has a much lower antimony content than Linotype, that your as cast diameter will be less than it is now. That being said, a .266" die may do you no good. I had a similar issue with my RCBS 7mm 145 gr Sil mold. In my case, I could not get a bullet of sufficient diameter to properly fit my 7 TCU chamber with any alloy. I eventually sent my mold to Eric at "Hollow Point Molds" and he opened up my drive bands so that I could cast a .287" 7MM bullet using Hardball alloy. It was the best decision I made as far as achieving my current accuracy level in my XP.
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

HS40, I know the WW bullets will be smaller and will just have to mike a few as cast then decide on the correct H&I. Might have to stick with the .265 which seems to work great with my linotype bullets. I will be more curious about the weight difference when using WW. Probably a few grains heavier. Shouldn't affect my sight settings that much but will wait and see.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885