Mold design for 41 magnum

JSH
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 52929

Mold design for 41 magnum

Post by JSH »

Anyone have any input on a good design for 41 mag. Plain base design. Yes I know a gas check would probably give better/easier results but I don't want to fool with them.
Jeff
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Mold design for 41 magnum

Post by 260 Striker »

I think the NOE 413 230 grain LFN PB would be a great bullet. Their moulds look like works of art and cast amazing bullets. Check them out at noebulletmolds.com. Their two cavity mould is only $79 which is comparable to other moulds on the market today. They also make moulds with pins to make hollow point bullets. I have two of their moulds and they are very nice and easy to cast with.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

I milled off the gascheck portion of a Lyman 215gr GC mould. Projectiles now weigh about 185gr. They shoot about as well as anything else I've tried. The moulds aren't catalogued by Lyman, but still can be had new from time to time from some of the various dealers.
MSLiechty
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 51574

Post by MSLiechty »

JSH wrote:Anyone have any input on a good design for 41 mag. Plain base design. Yes I know a gas check would probably give better/easier results but I don't want to fool with them.
Jeff
I got in one this and could not be happier
http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_in ... au4rb8l361

ML
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Yep, that is the one I was talking about but with a plain base. That just looks like an accurate bullet design.
MSL, Don't those moulds look like works of art on the outside and inside. NOE makes some fantastic moulds.
Just wait till you cast some bullets. They will really come out nice. One thing I noticed when I used my blocks was I got better bullets when I upped the temperature of my lead pot. Bullets filled out OK at lower temperatures but they really came out nice and shiny when I bumped the temp up.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
MSLiechty
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 51574

Post by MSLiechty »

260 Striker wrote:Yep, that is the one I was talking about but with a plain base. That just looks like an accurate bullet design.
MSL, Don't those moulds look like works of art on the outside and inside. NOE makes some fantastic moulds.
Just wait till you cast some bullets. They will really come out nice. One thing I noticed when I used my blocks was I got better bullets when I upped the temperature of my lead pot. Bullets filled out OK at lower temperatures but they really came out nice and shiny when I bumped the temp up.
:)