NOE Moulds

United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

NOE Moulds

Post by 260 Striker »

Just wanted to let people know about NOE moulds. I recently purchased a 150 grain gas check spire point design from them and cast up some bullets out of linotype and shot them in my XP 30BR last weekend. Just threw a load together of 18.0 grains of SR4759. Didn't have any time to sight in the gun with cast so just started out with my chicken setting from my jacketed loads. Missed chicken #1 by doing that. Made sight adjustment and cleaned rest of chickens. Short story, slipped one over the back of a ram (my fault) and ended up with a 38. Not bragging here but just wanted to let you know how extremely consistent and accurate these bullets were. If any of you casters have not heard of or tried NOE blocks, give them a try. They are made out of aluminum and the outsides of the blocks are beautiful and the inside of the blocks are even better. I know spire point cast bullets are not supposed to be as accurate as other CB designs but this 150 spire point may be the most accurate 30 caliber cast bullet I have ever shot. They offer many different designs in many different calibers. Most two cavity blocks are around $90 and some are even on sale for $79 every so often. You can get up to 5 cavity blocks if you like casting with larger blocks. They make top punches for all their designs. Just search for NOE. Great blocks and prices comparable to current Lyman and RCBS blocks.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
mugs
Spotter

Re: NOE Moulds

Post by mugs »

I had one of theirs in .357 excellent molds.
Mugs
Shoot only cast Boolits
Member since 1979 #5940
Former Match Director Anchor Rams
Former Match Director Phoenix Silhouette
Former Alaska State Director
NRA Life
IHMSA Life
Cast Bullet 80x80 1983
User avatar United States of America
marshall623
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57357

Post by marshall623 »

I have 1 NOE a 360-180-WFN gas check design , my 10" 357 mag tender & GP 100 really like this bullet. The mold blocks are real craftsmanship , I've read on other sites that NOE's customer service is second to none . Unless its a design that NOE does not offer ,it's safe to say my next mold will be NOE .
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Good write up (and good shooting) Lynn thanks for sharing :ymapplause:
write ups like this are very helpful we need more not just here but though out the forum ~o)
I bet that’s a very enjoyable load to shoot, I’m using 19 in A 7 br it’s very pleasant
I guess you’re saying you used pure Linotype I bet those are some more nice looking bullets
I traded for a NOE 155 gr. 30 cal mould last fall didn’t come with handles not sure if any of the ones I have will work .
I’m hearing of a lot of CB 40’s this year I think Ron Dixon in Ga. Has 2 or 3 look like next month we could be seeing a 40 cb by your name ;)
Again thanks for sharing
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Richard, I used RCBS handles on my NOE moulds. The Lyman double cavity handles might work, haven't tried them. Lee 6 cavity handles will work too but they are not as robust as the RCBS so need to watch for the hinge bolt working loose. Was cool here in OH yesterday so I cast several hundred more of the 150 spire points. Want to try them in my 30 Herrett with SR4759 at our next match. Will be guessing at sight settings again but that is nothing new for me????
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

ole95 wrote:I’m hearing of a lot of CB 40’s this year I think Ron Dixon in Ga. Has 2 or 3 look like next month we could be seeing a 40 cb by your name ;)
Charlie Dean is one of those who habitually shoots 40's with CB. He took the Unlimited championship this month in U with a 40x40+5x10 shoot-ofd's. CB are certainly worthy of significant accuracy.

Don Ritz would shoot 40's with CB in HS also.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
marshall623
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57357

Post by marshall623 »

I use Lyman DC handles on mine , had to drill 2 new holes closer to the end to clear where the flats were milled toward the hinge
Vietnam
BADDOG-0302
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 566

Post by BADDOG-0302 »

I've got over 10 NOE molds ranging from .225's to 44 & 45 HP's, The best thing is that they all drop bullets with big enough OD's that they can be sized to fit T/C's usual overly generous throats.
"Ditto" on the Lee 6 cavity handles, When I add a new set of Lee handles I will tap the wood part loose from the metal then use some JB weld to secure it to the metal. Nothing more bothersome that the wood coming loose during a casting session.