What's your favorite lube?

User avatar United States of America
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

Re: What's your favorite lube?

Post by high standard 40 »

I tried some "Speed Green" lube this past weekend. Very easy to make. Equally excellent results in my 35 Rem XP100 and my DW 44 mag. Accuracy was very good and no leading in either gun with almost no smoke in the 35 and very little in the 44.
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
stubshaft
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 36685

Post by stubshaft »

I use FWFL or LBT Blue Soft. Another good lube that I have used is BAC from White Label Labs.
IHMSA #36685
President - Hawaii Metallic Shooters Association (1984 - !996)
Still banging steel...
Robert Becherer
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 33098

Post by Robert Becherer »

On the Cast Boolit web site lube section ,there is a recipe for Ben's Red that could be interesting.Many people like it.I did make some ,but have not tried it.I find the smell offensive,but if it shoots as good as reported, the smell can be a no issue thing
NRA Life Member
I.H.M.S.A. #33098
high standard 40
Class A

I've settled, at least for now, on my homemade "Speed Green". I've used it up to 2200fps with no leading and very low smoke. It's very easy to make, that's a plus for me.
IHMSA Member since 1980
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Always used either RCBS or Lyman Alox for years. No complaints with either one. Lately been using LBT Blue after reading many good things about it and good info in Veral's book. The LBT Blue (soft) is a little messy when first applied to bullets but does set up a little harder later on so gets easier to handle when loading ammo. Good in 7BR, 30BR, 30H, 30-06 and several straight wall pistol/revolver cartridges so far. Does anyone have any tricks to lubing bevel base bullets to keep the lube buildup to a minimum on the base of the bullets? Ran a bunch of Lyman 356 147grain bevel base bullets through luber this week and got more lube around the base than in the groove. Even tried to run bullets down nose first but long ogive just put extra lube on nose then. I know there must be a trick I don't know about.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
fatelvis
Target Setter

Post by fatelvis »

Greenspeed by Bullshop.
marshall623
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57357

Post by marshall623 »

Ealier this year I bought some white lable to try and I'm impressed with Carnuba Red it has done excelent in everything I've tried it in from 357 target loads in my GP 100 to 14" 7-30 waters @ 1880 fps with no leading and very little smoke. And now working on loads for the 30 Herrett with good results as of now. Mr. & Mrs. Larson are a pleasure to deal with. I also bought a couple sticks of their 2500 which I have not tried . The CR needs a little heat in the colder months ,if its hot in the garage you can get by without any but with a little heat it just flows better.
Bucks Owin
Target Setter

Post by Bucks Owin »

35isit wrote:I use LBT Blue. Has always worked great. .357 mag at 1100-1200fps 357 supermag at 1550-1750. Does require heat but no smell and no problems.
Have tried many different lubes, including various concoctions from the "boolits" forum ( :-@ ) and now will never have anything but LBT Soft Blue in my sizer...I have been enlightened. ;)
high standard 40
Class A

A lot of time has passed since I started this thread. During that time I have started using Felix lube exclusively. It is a little bit of a pain to make, but with the size of my first batch I will have lube for a long time to come. It's performance surpasses everything else I have used to date......in everything I have tried it in.
IHMSA Member since 1980
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer