7mm PPC Imp. Information needed

Questions on all things reloading
United States of America
Dgapilot
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

7mm PPC Imp. Information needed

Post by Dgapilot »

Hi, new here. I just purchased a couple Wichita Engineering and Supply guns chambered in 7mm PPC Imp. As I understand it, the owner of Wichita Engineering was Nolan Jackson, and he was instrumental in the early years if IHMSA, and worked to develop different rounds that would work well in this sport, the 7mm PPC being one of them.unfortunately there is no reloading dies or any data related to this round included with the guns I got. I suspect these guns were made sometime between 1976 and 1979 as the company name changed around 1979 to Wichita Arms.

If anyone has any info they would be willing to share in this round, or has any tooling they might want to sell that could help me in my quest it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
David Schober
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Re: 7mm PPC Imp. Information needed

Post by Jimologist »

Dies will be scarcer than unicorns. Try opening a 6 PPC to 7mm with a tapered expander even ifyou have to do it in a 7 BR die.

If you can load 3 or 4 with a reduced load and fire them, ship the cases off to have some custom dies made.
Hornady, Lee and Whidden Neil Jones are several places that will make dies specifically for your cases.

My 2 cents.
United States of America
Dgapilot
Target Setter

Post by Dgapilot »

I found an ad for similar guns from Wichita Engineering also in 7mm PPC Imp with dies from RCBS, perhaps they still have drawings for it. I’ll try contacting them to see what they might be able to make. I know when I worked there, every gun went with a set of dies. Guess in the 40 odd years they were separated from the guns.
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

Try contacting the guy who took over Wichita Arms from Nolan. he has all his contact info on his website:

http://wichitaarms.com/
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
Dgapilot
Target Setter

Post by Dgapilot »

I talked to Tim Today, seems he just sold all the Wichita Arms stuff to a couple guys in Huston area. He is supposed to give me their contact info.