Help with 7mm TCU

Questions on all things reloading
United States of America
Coogs
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Help with 7mm TCU

Post by Coogs »

B1, your right, just a little long winded. #:-s But I really appreciate the help! I've gotten my barrels and such around, still need to pick up some dies, this may end up being a winter time project, so I got time. I do have the Book, "Shooting Steel" lots of good load info there. I've been loading the .357 Max for a while now, revolver, not single shot. I did get a 10" and super 14 in .357 Max, so I may get to play with that also, thanks again, Jack.
Oldfart
Target Painter

Post by Oldfart »

Coogs wrote:Getting into the Contender thing, so far picked up a .357 Max in 10" and super 14, .22 hornet 10", .223 super 14 and a 10" 7mmTCU. I already load for all of them, except the TCU. I'm just a neophyte when it comes to steel, so be gentle with me. Anyone got some inside info on a good TCU load? Any recommendations on dies? Or are the all about the same? From what I read on the TCU it's not that difficult to form brass, but any tricks of the trade I should on doing so? I'll be in the market for a set of dies, so.................thanks, Coogs.
Cool your best bet is to sell the 7TCU,is your 22hornet a.224 or.223?
Pm me if you want to part that 7TCU.
Do you plan to shoot cast or jacketed bullets? :-B Redding has dies,
United States of America
Coogs
Class C

Post by Coogs »

Oldfart, haven't slugged the Hornet barrel yet. Actually was able to pick up couple hundred brass and the dies from the same guy. So I'll be in business. Got to get on the stick though, good weather be a comin', Coogs.
Oldfart
Target Painter

Post by Oldfart »

Coogs wrote:Oldfart, haven't slugged the Hornet barrel yet. Actually was able to pick up couple hundred brass and the dies from the same guy. So I'll be in business. Got to get on the stick though, good weather be a comin', Coogs.
Be really careful with the hornets until you slug the barrel,a.223 barrel with a.224 bullet will rise your pressure and you really don't want to go there =;