ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

BL-C(2)

Post by ole95 »

I read were this powder is being phased out
Any body else heard this. I have some but it's not a powder I normally use
I bought it because I read it makes a lot of noise and throws a flame
Someone said they used in a match because it would rattle the other shooters windows :ymdevil: =))
Maybe a good powder for the 4th **==
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
User avatar United States of America
marshall623
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57357

Re: BL-C(2)

Post by marshall623 »

I read that, you forgot that also burnt the paint off the chickens. :-?
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Post by Richard Pickering »

BL-C 2 has been around a long time. Hodgdon marketed it. Hodgdon was / is not a powder manufacturer. They buy non-spec lots of powder and repackage them or have powder made to duplicate other brands. H-110 is a duplicate of Winchester W-296. If you have trouble locating Bl-C2 you can likely use W-748 in its place. ALWAYS check several sources of load data. Also, you should have a ''burn rate chart'' that will show relative quickness for powder. Western Powder, formerly Accurate Powder will likely have a good substitute. RP
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

Richard Pickering wrote:BL-C 2 has been around a long time. Hodgdon marketed it. Hodgdon was / is not a powder manufacturer. They buy non-spec lots of powder and repackage them or have powder made to duplicate other brands. H-110 is a duplicate of Winchester W-296. If you have trouble locating Bl-C2 you can likely use W-748 in its place. ALWAYS check several sources of load data. Also, you should have a ''burn rate chart'' that will show relative quickness for powder. Western Powder, formerly Accurate Powder will likely have a good substitute. RP
Actually, this is no longer true. Hodgdon used to be a company that Sold Military Surplus powders. Today though Hodgdon sells and manufacturers Powders under the Brands of Hodgon, IMR and Winchester powders. They now own the Manufacturing plants for these brands.

H110 and WW296 are now the same powder. but 15 years ago, they were different. they are the same now as they are now made in the same Manufacturing plant.

BLC2 started life as a military surplus ball powder. it has one annoying characteristic... NO FLASH SUPPRESSANT! (oops, it was originally used in the 308W which came out after WWII)

if you want to annoy everybody on the line, Load some BLC2 in a 10" 7TCU and watch the reactions :D

another powder is H335... (Hint)
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member