SB USIS == Free Pistols in IHMSA?

The bullets may be smaller but not the challenge.
benenglish
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 4925

SB USIS == Free Pistols in IHMSA?

Post by benenglish »

I'm returning to IHMSA after a long layoff so I perused the rules. I figured there had to be some changes. I see there are now more different types of competition.

Section III.C.1 references three unlimited small bore categories - Unlimited, Unlimited Standing, and Unlimited Any Sights.

Section III.G.1 then lists several categories "regardless of discipline", including Unlimited Standing Iron Sight.

In the "Records" post elsewhere on this sub-board, there is a record for "Unlimited Standing 32+" but no reference to whether that was shot with iron sights or something else.

I'm trying to figure out what this means.

Does there now exist in IHMSA a class/category/discipline/whatever that consists of unlimited .22lr pistols shot from a standing position using only iron sights?

My first reaction to this is that such an event would best be shot with pistols designed for the ISSF Men's 50M Pistol event (formerly called Free Pistol). Given the traditions of IHMSA, I would have never thought a class/category/discipline/whatever would be created that encouraged the use of free pistols. I love the idea. If this actually exists, I'm definitely going to shoot it. I just want to confirm that the rules actually say what I think I'm reading.

Thanks in advance for any help.
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: SB USIS == Free Pistols in IHMSA?

Post by 19 Turkeys »

See my response over in the Rules section.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.