What Rail/Mount Set Up for Flop w/ Anschutz Exemplar

The bullets may be smaller but not the challenge.
User avatar United States of America
kerdunk
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57879

What Rail/Mount Set Up for Flop w/ Anschutz Exemplar

Post by kerdunk »

I originally asked this question assuming flop shooters were using some sort of rail extension. But perhaps you have another approach, as well. Any feedback is appreciated. I find my eye relief to be insufficient if I mount my scope directly on the receiver rails.

Original post:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a rail extension that I can use on an Anschutz Exemplar? I would like to position the scope farther forward while shooting in the Flop position.

ps if anyone would like to part with a Ken Light High Rise for the Anschutz, I’d be willing to pay top dollar (within reason).

Cheers.
Tim Downs
IHMSA #57879
NRA Life Member
Teacher
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Re: What Rail/Mount Set Up for Flop w/ Anschutz Exemplar

Post by ole95 »

Are you using a pistol scope or a Rifle scope
I use a rifle scope and mount with a normal mount with no problem.
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

Almost the same for mine: two short tip-off to Weaver/1913 adapter sections with just a slight overhang in front. Could probably have not used the adapters, but the Anschutz receiver profile didn't fit most of the rings i tried.

Hawke Optics 3/8"-11mm to Weaver Base Adapter 2-Piece Black Scope Rail 22400
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

kerdunk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:42 pm I originally asked this question assuming flop shooters were using some sort of rail extension. But perhaps you have another approach, as well. Any feedback is appreciated. I find my eye relief to be insufficient if I mount my scope directly on the receiver rails.

Original post:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a rail extension that I can use on an Anschutz Exemplar? I would like to position the scope farther forward while shooting in the Flop position.

ps if anyone would like to part with a Ken Light High Rise for the Anschutz, I’d be willing to pay top dollar (within reason).

Cheers.
Is your question for UAS? I use a Weaver 92A,and have the barrel drilled & taped and have the mount butted up to the action.
contender1121
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57830

Post by contender1121 »

This is typical of how the Anschutz Exemplar flop guns are set up at the OKCGC range. Viewed from above, the extended forend flairs in width towards the muzzle. This also shows what Jackie was talking about in regards to the scope rail. This gun is one from the special run of the Exemplars that Anschutz made two or three years ago and it has a factory tapered barrel, hence the modified rail to offset that taper. Height of rings is a matter of personal taste.
All work performed by DZ Arms in OKC.

kerdunk
Class C

Post by kerdunk »

Thank you for sharing this pic. I spoke with Jackie after my original post and he also provided pics and a description. I think I have a pretty good idea of the set-ups used now. I absolutely need the forward positioning of the scope similar to what you all are doing.

I am curious about a couple items. When I look at your set-up, it appears your rail is connected to the receiver and the barrel. Am I seeing this correctly? Also, can you tell me the max OD of your barrel (where it interfaces with the receiver)?
Tim Downs
IHMSA #57879
NRA Life Member
Teacher
kerdunk
Class C

Post by kerdunk »

And another important question: Is the Weaver scope in the pic still in production? I assume it is relatively high power and appears to focus down to 50 feet.
Tim Downs
IHMSA #57879
NRA Life Member
Teacher
contender1121
Class C

Post by contender1121 »

kerdunk wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:47 pm Thank you for sharing this pic. I spoke with Jackie after my original post and he also provided pics and a description. I think I have a pretty good idea of the set-ups used now. I absolutely need the forward positioning of the scope similar to what you all are doing.

I am curious about a couple items. When I look at your set-up, it appears your rail is connected to the receiver and the barrel. Am I seeing this correctly? Also, can you tell me the max OD of your barrel (where it interfaces with the receiver)?
Yes, the rear of the rail is screwed to the short section of dovetail just ahead of the ejector port. The barrel was drilled and tapped to accept the forward part of the rail. The barrel is .870 diameter where it meets the receiver and .634 at the muzzle.
contender1121
Class C

Post by contender1121 »

kerdunk wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm And another important question: Is the Weaver scope in the pic still in production? I assume it is relatively high power and appears to focus down to 50 feet.
The scope is 36 power with a 3/8 m.o.a. dot and it does indeed focus down to 50 feet. To the best of my knowledge the T series Weavers are no more. There might still be some on shelves somewhere. Good hunting!
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

contender1121 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:47 pm
kerdunk wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm And another important question: Is the Weaver scope in the pic still in production? I assume it is relatively high power and appears to focus down to 50 feet.
The scope is 36 power with a 3/8 m.o.a. dot and it does indeed focus down to 50 feet. To the best of my knowledge the T series Weavers are no more. There might still be some on shelves somewhere. Good hunting!
Amazon has 2 Weaver T24X in stock,$377.00 free shipping. It will work perfectly.
And both will focus down to 16 yards.