THE KIDD IS FINISHED

The bullets may be smaller but not the challenge.
User avatar United States of America
contender1121
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57830

THE KIDD IS FINISHED

Post by contender1121 »

I finally got this gun finished up. I guess I'll have to call it a KIDD-1022 as there is nothing in this gun that is factory other than the Ruger rotary magazine.
At last week's match in OKC I shot a 40+6 shoot-off targets with it so I'm happy. I believe I'll relegate my Anschutz to 1/5 scale only and this will be my go-to for UAS.
To answer an earlier question: yes, KIDD ships the receivers un-designated for rifle or pistol.

Also showing my T/C set up for PH22. Shot a 39 last week so the gun is surely capable. I intend to use the same frame for PH Short Course in 25-20 as soon as I get some loads tested.
All of my .22s are liking the SK Flat Nose Match.

United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Re: THE KIDD IS FINISHED

Post by i26963 »

Nice!
I have not seen the flat nose SK. Is the velocity printed on the box?
Nice shooting, too!
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
contender1121
Class C

Post by contender1121 »

i26963 wrote:Nice!
I have not seen the flat nose SK. Is the velocity printed on the box?
Nice shooting, too!
Melvin
Thanks!
Velocity is standard, around 1050 give or take depending on barrel length. It is a bit hard to find because it is new. Got two bricks from Creedmoor but I think they are out. Champions Choice shows it in stock. It is available in a Match Grade and a Basic Grade.
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

nice looking rig
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

btw, how does the flat nose shoot or group at 100 yds.?
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
contender1121
Class C

Post by contender1121 »

xp-100 wrote:btw, how does the flat nose shoot or group at 100 yds.?
Thanks for the comment.
Here's the story of how this all went down. I got the Kidd finished up the day before OKC's last match. A buddy of mine has a range just outside of the town where I live. I set up swingers, got sight settings that were ringing steel on every shot. The weather was threatening so I didn't have time to shoot paper and measure groups. I folded the tent and went home. Next day I shot a 40 +6 shoot-off targets at the match so I will say the groups are very good, especially since OKC's shoot-offs are chickens at 100 yards. So in truth, I don't know what the group sizes were at any distance. As long as critters are falling I'm happy. :)
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

I would guess you were shooting chicken size groups at 100 yards!!!!!
Nice equipment and great shooting.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
contender1121
Class C

Post by contender1121 »

260 Striker wrote:I would guess you were shooting chicken size groups at 100 yards!!!!!
Nice equipment and great shooting.
Thanks! That definitely would be one way of sizing the groups. What I failed to mention is that the shoot-off chickens at 100 yds are 1/5 scale! One needs the Hubble telescope to even find the little buggers. :))
Shoot-offs at the air pistol matches are just as tough: turkeys set at the ram distance and you must hit them in the head to count as a hit. Diabolical!! :ymdevil:
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

Shoot-offs at the air pistol matches are just as tough: turkeys set at the ram distance and you must hit them in the head to count as a hit. Diabolical!! :ymdevil:[/quote]

Probably start a fight. I'm kindly one of those guys that the rules are the rules. I'm in very very few shootoffs. Hate to think I hit the same number of shootoffs and you won because you hit some in the head. There are no scoring rings on any of the targets. I heard it proposed at a delegates meeting once that we award points for center hits. Anyways in my opinion hitting a shootoff in the head being more important than hitting it in the leg, goes against the shoot off rule. It is reference in section 9 G. No sudden death.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
contender1121
Class C

Post by contender1121 »

35isit wrote:Shoot-offs at the air pistol matches are just as tough: turkeys set at the ram distance and you must hit them in the head to count as a hit. Diabolical!! :ymdevil:
Probably start a fight. I'm kindly one of those guys that the rules are the rules. I'm in very very few shootoffs. Hate to think I hit the same number of shootoffs and you won because you hit some in the head. There are no scoring rings on any of the targets. I heard it proposed at a delegates meeting once that we award points for center hits. Anyways in my opinion hitting a shootoff in the head being more important than hitting it in the leg, goes against the shoot off rule. It is reference in section 9 G. No sudden death.[/quote]

Hey, hey! No fighting allowed! This is a family establishment. :)
I appreciate your view. Do you shoot air pistol matches? What is your method of breaking ties? I would encourage everyone to take up the air pistol game. It will help improve all other disciplines of silhouette shooting. Best of all you can shoot indoors year round.
Due to the abilities of the Okie shooters and the extreme accuracy of the air pistols, shoot offs are usually the rule rather than the exception. I will say they occur primarily in UAS.
The shoot off procedure at the OKC range is NOT "sudden death". In other words, if you miss your first target you are still alive. Ten targets are shot and the results are tallied. Again, for a shot to count the shot must hit the turkey in the head. Just knocking over a turkey at 18 yds is WAY too easy. Most legal hits will determine the winner. If the results are still tied, then do it again. Due to the difficulty involved, I've not personally witnessed a second round being needed. The results are tallied by at least two independent observers walking to the targets and examining them. This method is fair and extremely difficult and has long been used in order to keep the matches from going on 'til dawn or beyond (if you fall asleep you're out. Now that's sudden death!) :))
In my reading of the shoot off rules, the match director calls the shots (no pun intended).
In the end, it is all about getting more people to take up the challenge and get involved.
The defense rests.