New Eyes

The bullets may be smaller but not the challenge.
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

New Eyes

Post by 35isit »

For those that know me. You know I have to shoot from a modified prone position from a table. I had cataracts removed from my eyes earlier this year. I technically have 20-30 vision in my dominant eye, but have to use reading glasses to see up close. So with out reading glasses I can see a "blade type" sight ok and the targets fine. With reading glasses I can see the sight perfectly but can't see the target at all. Is a peep on peep my best option? Who has been through this?
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
wheelgun7360

Re: New Eyes

Post by wheelgun7360 »

Greg. I had cataract surgery in both eyes in july. still have to have readers for close up but I had to have a special lens made for my knobloch shooting glasses for distance. the lens is a negative .225. still have trouble seeing the 22 targets but big bore seems to be ok. can see the sights ok. my vision is 20-15 in both eyes but I cannot walk outside in the sun without sunglasses as the light hurts my eyes too bad. hopefully that will pass. Allen
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Re: New Eyes

Post by 35isit »

I tried with my regular reading glasses. I could see the sights perfectly. But I couldn't hardly pick out the proper target much less where for I was holding. I ma just experiment with some " weaker " readers.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director