SB Targets

The bullets may be smaller but not the challenge.
kg4tyr
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 0

SB Targets

Post by kg4tyr »

Here is our first attempt at making targets. They are hand cut with a plasma cutter and the edges ground, the feet were welded without any sort of jig. They are far from perfect but, are close enough to run a match. These four were completed just to see what we would end up with. I don't think they're to bad for "hand made" and actually welded in the dark. The rest will be finished this weekend. Now we just need to find a place to shoot and set up some matches.
Attachments
102_5396.JPG
102_5396.JPG (29.75 KiB) Viewed 6765 times
David
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Member #17952
Why punch paper when you can SLAM STEEL!!!!
User avatar United States of America
marshall623
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57357

Re: SB Targets

Post by marshall623 »

They look good are you trying to to get a match going around Seiverville.That might could be included in vacation plans :-?
kg4tyr
Class B

Post by kg4tyr »

marshall623 wrote:They look good are you trying to to get a match going around Seiverville.That might could be included in vacation plans :-?
Thanks. Yes, somewhere in the general area. Are you from around here? We haven't tried real hard to find a place yet, but are hoping that someone has 100 -150 yards of open space that we could rent or lease. I don't know all of the legalities, but I'm sure there is insurance and steps to go through to get it ready for sanctioned matches. And, yeah there is a ton of stuff to do in this area when you're not actually shooting in a match.
David
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Member #17952
marshall623
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57357

Post by marshall623 »

I'm from Port Republic Va. Were about 6 hr's from you But we have vacationed alot in that area in the past. Our yougest one is a little older now so we'll might head that way maybe next summer . To shoot a match while on family vacation would be cool.
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

Way back in the late 80s there was a .22 range in or near Gatlinburg. Mike Stephenson was the match director. He once got bit by a copperhead picking up a target :-o .
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
kg4tyr
Class B

Post by kg4tyr »

marshall623 wrote:I'm from Port Republic Va. Were about 6 hr's from you But we have vacationed alot in that area in the past. Our yougest one is a little older now so we'll might head that way maybe next summer . To shoot a match while on family vacation would be cool.
Hope we get it going and catch you on a weekend vacation :-bd
David
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Member #17952
kg4tyr
Class B

Post by kg4tyr »

35isit wrote:Way back in the late 80s there was a .22 range in or near Gatlinburg. Mike Stephenson was the match director. He once got bit by a copperhead picking up a target :-o .
Was that at the Gatlinburg Sportsmans Club or another location?
David
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Member #17952
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

David I don't know exactly where the range was at. I just knew it was near Gatlinburg. I had never been there. I do know they had a good turn out of shooters back then. They all came up and shot at a smallbore regional at my place in 1990.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
Oldfart
Target Painter

Post by Oldfart »

Hummmmmmm I have a son in the JohnsonCity area,so I might be added to the list keep us posted I'd like to shoot a match while visiting with my son :D ;;)