Martens sights?

The quiet competition means you can hear them sweat.
geo01
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 2553

Martens sights?

Post by geo01 »

Hey guys just chasing some information and maybe some photos if possible. I am in the process of buying a IZH 46M to set up as my Silhouette Air Pistol. I have found the Martins Sights website and am thinking of ordering a front sight / hood set up to suit a taco hold style of shooting. I guess that this set up replaces the factory front sight, if so is it a straight forward job to set up? The website also mentions a rear peep adaptor and I was wondering if this is required or is the factory rear sight good enough? Does anyone have a photo of the peep adaptor attached to their pistol so I know what it is that I am actually looking at?

Sorry for the multiple questions and thank you in advance for any information provided.

Geo
User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Re: Martens sights?

Post by ole95 »

I don't have IZH 46M but I do have a set of the Marten sights on a Daisy 747. which has the taco hooded front sight and uses a rear adapter with a Williams peep mounted. Maybe some one that has a IZH will step up with some photos
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

Here is a pic of a IZH set up with Martens sights. The rear is a flat piece that screws in where the rear blades go. It is drilled and tapped for a screw in aperture like a Merit or a Gehmann. The front tube has a clear plastic insert with a very small hole drilled in it so you are looking at a peep on peep.
Steve does a nice job with his sights and they are nicely finished. Complete instructions are included and they are easy to install.

Jim K
Attachments
IZHcompact.jpg
IZHcompact.jpg (57.46 KiB) Viewed 6765 times
geo01
Target Setter

Post by geo01 »

Thank you Jimologist for the picture and reply. I think that I might stick with the taco hold length hood and front sight. Will also stick with the standard rear sight set up at this stage and use it not only as a match gun but also try to use it as a practice set up for standing small bore, field pistol and big bore.

Geo
geo01
Target Setter

Post by geo01 »

Can anyone tell me if the Martens Sight company is still in business? I have sent them two e-mails, one replying to a previous e-mail that they sent to me and also one using the contact part of their website. I am still waiting for a reply.

Geo
User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Every time I 've dealt with Steve this has been
The norm but he does make a good product
Steve is also running for pres. Of
IHMSA so he maybe busy campaigning
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
volleyman
IHMSA President
IHMSA Member#: 52664

Post by volleyman »

geo01 wrote:Can anyone tell me if the Martens Sight company is still in business? I have sent them two e-mails, one replying to a previous e-mail that they sent to me and also one using the contact part of their website. I am still waiting for a reply.

Geo
The web site often won't forward the e-mail. You can contact me at smartensj@gmail.com . The old one at smartensj@charter.net is going away soon.
geo01
Target Setter

Post by geo01 »

volleyman, thank you for the reply and change of e-mail address. I just sent you the amount required for the 46M front sight set via Pay Pal. I also sent you an e-mail confirming my order.

Regards

Geo