Flopping in the yard

The quiet competition means you can hear them sweat.
ouraydog
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Flopping in the yard

Post by ouraydog »

I tried the flop position with my IZH-46 and it is almost like cheating compared to standing with the same gun.

From what I have read I think I was was doing a legal version of the flop. I used my right hand pinky under the cocking paddle, and rested the air chamber on my left wrist which was elevated by making my left hand into a tarantula. I also rested both elbows on the ground.

After getting sights adjusted, I cleaned the first 20 critters on my first try. I would appreciate some feedback because I don't want to get bad habits started.

When cocking an air pistol, is it customary to keep the barrel pointed down range? This is pretty hard to do from the flop position that I am using which is sort of a 45 degree angle to the range. I am careful to point the gun down range before loading a pellet.

Regards, Bill
United States of America
johnranderson01
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 48827

Re: Flopping in the yard

Post by johnranderson01 »

It sounds like your position is legal, just be sure no part of the gun touches the ground. It is difficult to keep the barrel pointed down range when pumping a 46M but it should be pointed down range. If I remember correctly I brought the gun up and held the cocking handle more or less still. This kept the gun pointed down range. The 46M is a hard gun to beat.
John
John
IHMSA 48827L
Johnranderson21@gmail.com