Hello new here , some questions

The quiet competition means you can hear them sweat.
dutchie
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Hello new here , some questions

Post by dutchie »

Hello, i'm new here. Until now i have been shooting airguns in HFT, 50 and 100 mtr target and 25mtr benchrest competion in the Netherlands. In one of the shooting , clubs i'm a member of (a Field target airgun club) someone started with silhoutte shoeting with air rifles. Now i wont to start also with air pistol silhouette. I tuned a Crosman 2300 S for this (these are here a lot more expensive then in the states). Small things like better grips, trigger and hammer spring. But is is no production any longer.

But i cannot decide what to use for sights. Scope or Reddot. what is favorite with you guys (and girls) I own several rifle scopes, so i tried that first, bet is very hard to keep the gun still, in the position shown below.

User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: Hello new here , some questions

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Hello Dutchie & welcome to the IHMSA forum!

A better way to hold the pistol is to grip the top of the scope with your fingers near the front of the scope with your thumb wrapping around the bottom of the air tube. Your arm will be extended outward at approximately 90 degree angle away from your body.

IHMSA rules do not allow any artificial support. Thus, your arms cannot be touching any part of your body.

I hope this helps!

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Gleedaniel13
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Hello new here , some questions

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

Thank you for welcoming us here. I am a newbie here also.

Gleedaniel