OLD NEWS

IHMSA Monthly News
User avatar United States of America
OkieShooter
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 51955

OLD NEWS

Post by OkieShooter »

I dont think I'm the only one who see's how old most of the post's on this site are. I for one am not going back 50 pages to see what's for sale, just to find out that an item was sold years ago! How about cleaning it up? Having just looked, the last posted issue of the IHMSA news is "what" issue and year??? Rules!!! Come up with some good ones we can all live with! You dont want to get some of us going on this one! I converted my membership to LIFE years ago thinking the IHMSA would actually go somewhere. Please tell me it is and what are your plans to make it better?
United States of America
captainjohn
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 39199

Re: OLD NEWS

Post by captainjohn »

Our organization has been through a lot in the past several years. Without countless hours behind the scenes, we no doubt wouldn’t exist today. Any help and suggestions that you are will to give are always welcome. We’re not perfect, but I believe we do a pretty dam good job for a bunch that are mostly still are working full time jobs, and volunteer our time and efforts to keep IHMSA going.
If you see something that needs fixing, let’s talk about it, offer a positive suggestion and offer your time and experience to make it happen.This organization is only going to be as great as we ALL make it!
Hope to see you on the range this summer, JR
John Richards
IHMSA 39199L
Region 5 Director
IHMSA Industry Director
Minnesota State Director
NRA Life Member
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

I have actually read every last thread on this site (except for one, kept as a "bookmark)" and have learned a lot. Some of the old threads are quite helpful. Maybe not so much the old classifieds...except for the fact that some items I would not know about otherwise. Unless it's cost prohibitive, it may be counterproductive to reduce the knowledge base.
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

On most sites of this type, old posts are never removed. They all have dates so the reader can judge how relevant they may be to him or her.

Some of the older postings are informational from an historical perspective and some are humorous. I go back and read some old ones just for kicks sometime. One of our members spent hundreds of hours scanning every single page of every single IHMSA news that was ever printed. He then offered that to the membership on a thumb drive. Every one I talked to found it extraordinarily interesting and informative.

As far as old classifieds go, if I see a for sale listing that is several years old, I am going to automatically assume it was sold several years ago.

My advice is look at the dates of the listing you are reading. Some are old and some are new. By topic they are in order from most recent then going back in time.

Jim Kesser
United States of America
WA_SHTR+44M
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 7771

Post by WA_SHTR+44M »

I myself have had great contact with other people looking at the older listings and contacting me about getting the Flash Drive that I made up for the first 40 Years of IHMSA. I myself look through the past older issues on the flash drive and find interesting articles about reloading and items that were available for sale that do sometimes help me in my skill set on the firing line.
Seeing information about previous shooters and how they progressed is always a way that I can find ways to contact certain individuals and sometimes have a lengthy conversation over the phone or in a email.
Along with that I have tried to accumulate some of the old bits and pieces of memorabilia that I have added to my collection. So if any of you out there need to relay my information to interested individuals -- Feel free to do so and I will do my best to keep the information about IHMSA alive as long as I can.

Steve 7771
sbishoptx@msn.com
IHMSA Member since 1996
B-) 1st Copy IHMSA Newsletter Flash Drive 40 Years 1977-2016
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Thanks for your efforts, Steve. I've perused the thumb drive from you and the amount of info and history from it makes for great reading, great memories, and great information.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000