No IHMSA News!

IHMSA Monthly News
United States of America
Alvin
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 1707

Re: No IHMSA News!

Post by Alvin »

I don't believe the numbers(of members) were inflated under Elgin. I took over the office from the Gates family in 1989....I saw the "Black Books" that had all the members names written in them. I wonder if those books are still around. I do remember mailing out around 9,000 papers(IHMSA News) news every month when we had over 11,000 members listed. A lot of married couples only received one copy. Took a couple of trips to the post office on two-wheeled carts to get everything mailed. Yeah....we did have a lot of members back then. I was there. I lived it every month.
Al Life 1707
Match Director for Tri-State Gun Club and Board member
President of the Iowa Handgun Metallic Silhouette Club
Joined IHMSA 1978
Life Member IHMSA, NRA, USPSA
Past Editor of IHMSA News
Past Region Five Director
Past Sec/Tres for IHMSA
United States of America
LOCKHART
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 16689

Post by LOCKHART »

That's very good information, Alvin. It's the first I've ever heard from someone who was "there", as they say.
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Thanks Al ! You were deeply involved for a lot of years, and we appreciate it. If the numbers are correct - it is a sad statement of our current membership status. In years past I have reached out to MANY of my former Louisiana members, and received a similar response from each. Simply stated - they had moved on to other interests, and would not be returning. I cannot recall a single instance of a long-ago member (shooter) who has returned to the game in Louisiana !
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA