Newsd Letter

IHMSA Monthly News
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Newsd Letter

Post by xp-100 »

News letter will be going out in just a few days. I have proof read the letter and looks great. Now, for all match directors, if you want the scores to be in the next addition of the news letter, please send all reports to our editor as soon as you can or it will not be published in that addition of the news letter. You can contact Jared for the latest that a match report can hit his office so it can be printed. thank you everyone for your cooperation on this matter. please everyone, have a safe and joyous holiday season.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Newsd Letter

Post by 260 Striker »

Thanks Bruce for the update. Do you know if this edition will have all the match reports that have been submitted this year? I submitted our first report early April and our last match report for the year was submitted early October. Just curious if all these reports will eventually get into print. Thanks,
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

Just let everybody know that the latest newsletter is now posted.

https://www.ihmsa.org/ihmsa-news.html

it has newsletters going back to May 2014 available.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Well Dan we have a slight problem. I just downloaded the Sep 2019 issue and there are several match reports missing for Region 3 Logan Handgun Association. I saw one for our March match and a second one for our June match and that was it. The July 2019 edition was basically a rehash of the World Championship match which all members received in the annual printed copy. I'm not sure what the cut off date was for the September edition but I would have expected to see at least all 2019 LHA match reports from March through maybe August or Even July of this year. I have religiously generated our match reports within two or three days after the match and then submitted them to HQ along with our MDs comments to be on time for our newspaper. I'm sure publishing the paper is a tremendous task and collecting all the various match reports can be a real headache but our newspaper if our avenue to let shooters know what is happening at our local matches around the country. One nice feature in the September issue was an old article submitted by Steve Bishop. Good to see his efforts of collecting 40 years of IHMSA issues is bringing back memories for us old timers. I know there have been recent changes and that has also caused some confusion at HQ but wonder if we need to submit all match reports to HQ like we did in the old days to be placed in the newspaper. We have five match reports still to be printed for our 2019 season. Thanks for checking this out.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
NRA Member
937-407-4885
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

Lynn, check out the news letter up-date and see if what you are looking for is there now. I spoke with the editor and he was doing an up-date on some missing range reports.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Bruce,
Checked that topic and sounded like the editor was talking about the latest issue, September, was almost ready. Since he didn't mention what update I don't know exactly what he was referring to.
Got to thinking last night about our newspaper over the years. In the early days we had many, many more clubs across the U.S. and probably outside the U.S. so there were lots of match reports to keep track of and publish. The Silhouette and later the IHMSA News "almost" was published monthly to keep up with the volume of match reports. Since we no longer have as many clubs holding matches is there really a need any more to have a monthly newspaper?
With the recent changes at HQ some positive changes are being made. Perhaps we should investigate the possibility of having three or four scheduled news issues for each year. The annual printed issue has been a recap of the past World Championship match and also good comments from the President about the upcoming year for IHMSA. Possibly schedule the next issue for July to publish matches conducted from January through June. The next issue could be September to publish the July through August matches and finally a November/December issue to print the remaining matches for the year. If a July issue would be too soon then roll those match reports into the Nov/Dec issue. I know this would only mean three or four issues each year but might make the workload easier for the editor to collect and build the next scheduled issue. As it stands today we have no idea when the next issue may be published. My comment about our missing match reports was not meant to criticize anyone but to point out the collection of match reports might be easier and therefore more complete if we all knew future printing schedules. Also, I post the LHA match reports on the forum as do many other clubs so maybe having them in print in the newspaper is not that important. I look forward to each issue of the newspaper but wonder where our missing match reports went. I also wonder how many people have paid to get printed newspapers. I know several shooters at our matches do not own a computer so they cannot visit the online forum as many of us do on a regular basis. Just wanted to toss out some suggestions to make life easier for our editor. Thanks!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
NRA Member
937-407-4885
nutcase
Site Admin

Post by nutcase »

Lynn,

I do know that the Match reports only go to July. The problem before was HQ would get the match reports, he was sending them to Lorene(THANK YOU) and she would format them then send them to the editor and some may have gotten lost. Right now, the match reports will now go directly to the editor (or possibly a second person to help), so everything would go to one location. this is our first change. Tina is still going through stuff that came from ND and some of the match reports may still be in the stuff.

Another ongoing problem is Even though I have not been the editor for over 2 years, I am still receiving match reports from a couple of clubs. this drastically slows down getting the results printed. the last one had an address on the form for Ogden, UT!

HQ is now split into different functions. Tina will be taking care of Financials, I will be taking care of the annual match schedule and match package orders along with the website and the editor will control the match reports and newsletter content. The board has final say on what gets printed in the newsletter though.

part of the reason we are looking at the upgrade of the match software is to make it easier for both the editor and the Match director when it comes to match reports. there are other items (such as adding Practical hunter and Ultra500) and making it more compatible with newer versions of windows.

I know things will be hectic for me at least till January as I am in the middle of moving to a new state. and Tina going through all years of paperwork we have accumulated. it may not be till January till everything starts to become smooth.

Ok, I rambled too much
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
nutcase
Site Admin

Post by nutcase »

I forgot, while I was going through the website, I found a bunch of old articles that appear to have been never printed. I will be forwarding those to the editor later.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L