IHMSA News

IHMSA Monthly News
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

IHMSA News

Post by xp-100 »

The latest news version will be coming out very shortly. There will be a few facts and scores from the World Match as well. There will be a few up-dates on a couple of issues also. I have proof read the issue last night, so it won't be long it will be posted.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Re: IHMSA News

Post by nutcase »

just let you know that the July 2019 Newsletter is now up on the site.

Just noticed though that my smallbore and 1/5 scale records report is missing along with any mention of the forums upgrade.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Dan,
Just read the latest issue of the news and must say I am a little disappointed. Seems like the World Championship event has gotten coverage in the last two issues but I have not seen any coverage of local matches since 2018. I create the monthly forms to IHMSA for our club and our treasurer submits them with our monthly dues. What happens to those reports? If they are no longer being published in the newspaper then why are we still submitting the monthly reports? There must be at least six months or more of monthly match reports that need to be printed. Many years ago when I joined IHMSA, I couldn't wait for the next newspaper just to see my name in print. I'm sure many of the newer shooters have the same excited feeling to see their names in print. I don't doubt there is a lot of work assembling monthly match reports and creating an issue of the newspaper but I personally am burned out seeing too much coverage of the Championship event. Please let me know if monthly reports are no longer needed and we will just submit a recap form with our monthly dues. Please take this as a constructive comment since I know you and many others are trying their best to make IHMSA better. Thanks!!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

260 Striker wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 pm Dan,
Just read the latest issue of the news and must say I am a little disappointed. Seems like the World Championship event has gotten coverage in the last two issues but I have not seen any coverage of local matches since 2018. I create the monthly forms to IHMSA for our club and our treasurer submits them with our monthly dues. What happens to those reports? If they are no longer being published in the newspaper then why are we still submitting the monthly reports? There must be at least six months or more of monthly match reports that need to be printed. Many years ago when I joined IHMSA, I couldn't wait for the next newspaper just to see my name in print. I'm sure many of the newer shooters have the same excited feeling to see their names in print. I don't doubt there is a lot of work assembling monthly match reports and creating an issue of the newspaper but I personally am burned out seeing too much coverage of the Championship event. Please let me know if monthly reports are no longer needed and we will just submit a recap form with our monthly dues. Please take this as a constructive comment since I know you and many others are trying their best to make IHMSA better. Thanks!!!!!
Lynn,

I am not sure what happens to the match reports, But know the IHMSA editor has not received them for addition to newsletter from headquarters. This I know is a Huge job to do. when I was editor, I was receiving the match results in 8 different formats and usually ended up typing everything manually. Since Headquarters will be changing again soon, I am still waiting for the correct information so I can update all the forms.

and just for info, This is what I do for IHMSA:

Mailing of Match package orders including keeping forms up to date.
keep up to date the IHMSA master schedule.
CA state Director
smallbore and Fifth scale records coordinator
And recently, I took over taking care of the IHMSA forums (seems I am the only person who knows how to do this).

other than this, I know nothing else concerning IHMSA operations. it already appears that things are changing since July when the new people took over as I have received more information now than I did the year before.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Dan,
Thanks for the update. This was not meant to point fingers at anyone since I know many people are doing their best for IHMSA.
I just checked the mailing info on our latest recap sheet to HQ and this is where all our forms have been sent for this year.
IHMSA, Inc.
3061 Sand Hill Road
Bismarck, ND 58503-6437
I just checked the current forms at IHMSA.org and this is still the address shown on those forms.
I now wonder if our dues are being credited for the matches we have conducted this year.
I hope the past monthly reports can be located.
If all clubs forms have been languishing somewhere, that would be one heck of a newsletter to get all of them published.
Thanks for all your hard work and to all the others helping HQ.
I'm sure this will get resolved after the transition is completed.
Lynn
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
NRA Member
937-407-4885
64XP-100
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57733

Post by 64XP-100 »

Pat Camus
Eastern PA @ Falls Township or Wilkes-Barre
NRA-Endowment Member
United States of America
IHMSA Editor
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57677

Post by IHMSA Editor »

The local match results have not been lost. I actually received a file with all the outstanding match results from Lorene last week. She had volunteered to help organize these files to help alleviate the burden of the Secretary/Treasurer position. It is a very time consuming task like Dan mentioned, and I am very grateful for her help. The list of match results from the World Championships was pretty long, so I will publish the rest of the local results in the next issue, along with a couple items Dan mentioned were missing. I try to spread out the content so I don’t end up with a two page newsletter when I run out of content to publish.

Please email any other content you wish to see published to: editor.ihmsa@gmail.com

Jared Richards
Jared Richards
IHMSA Editor
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Jared,
Thanks for the update. Good to know all our match reports are accounted for.
Publishing our newspaper is very time consuming and I am sure difficult at times.
The members appreciate all the support you and others are providing for our sport.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
NRA Member
937-407-4885
United States of America
WA_SHTR+44M
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 7771

Post by WA_SHTR+44M »

Jared,
In regards to your comment about not having enough content and possibly ending up with a two page newsletter -- I did set up that Flash Drive on the 40 years of past newsletters and it might sound "Cheezy" ---- But how about revisiting some of that old stuff and finding a way to incorporate those old articles as a "Flash from the Past" section ??? Not sure how much work it would be to transfer that data or if it could be just copied as is. I don't know these things about newspapers or how it works but in our digital age it seems like many things are possible more so than they were 10-20 years ago.

Steve 7771
IHMSA Member since 1996
B-) 1st Copy IHMSA Newsletter Flash Drive 40 Years 1977-2016
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Steve, Great suggestion. I'm sure many of our current members who were not active in the early days would get a kick out of some of the old gun reviews and other IHMSA related articles.
I think the newer members would appreciate the info from the good old days and might appreciate the tremendous work that has gone into making our sport what it is today.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
NRA Member
937-407-4885