news

IHMSA Monthly News
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Re: news

Post by xp-100 »

I can not recall the number of voters, but yes it was met. Things were brought up and of course discussions were in tact, so it is hard to keep up with everything that was going on until I get a copy of the minutes. Ray Utter, our sec./treasure was not present and Warren Alkire was taking notes for the minutes. Now this was all done before Steve dropped everything in my lap. But, in all, I will fill everyone in as accurately and quickly as possible. I also want to thank everyone who has come forth with questions for up-dates and I will answer them as they come in.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Thanks Bruce !
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Let me intercede here.
I attended the membership meeting.
The Australians asked for the Blackout. They can't get barrels in accepted calibers as easily as we can. Not their fault, it's their government & importation crap.
Bruce isn't responsible for proposals from many years ago that never saw the light of day. If you want something changed, submit it. My personal advice is to submit it to each & every officer & regional director. Their email address should be available. Follow up with as many emails as needed to ask them if they received it. Hound them if necessary.
There were 34 members present. We voted to reduce the quorum to 20, since sometimes we have trouble making quorum.
There was a discussion re red dots. Lots of discussion, opposing viewpoints voiced, no action taken.

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed. Regional directors who were not present did not submit or forward a regional report. I'm not calling anyone out by name, but if the shoe fits...man up and do the job.

Congrats to Joe Cullison for Iron Man #7, Dan Meserve for Big Bore Agg Champ, and Jared Richards for Small Bore Agg with an outstanding 293x320.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

P.S. Don't turn this into a "Kill the messenger" thread. Bruce has been President for like 5 minutes.

There were 600+ entries including the 500 meter match. I really enjoy the 500, there is no pressure of winning, you just do the best you can.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

I too was at the meeting. I thought it was a good meeting. If you want to be part of the process. See you in OKC next year. Again thanks Bruce for stepping up. You have my email address. If you need something use it.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

braud357 wrote:As it stands, a hot-loaded 22 Hornet, 30 M1 Carbine, and 32-20 will definitely damage targets. I cannot agree with the addition of yet another potential target-damaging cartridge ! The problem with target damage is the fact that when you determine that it is occurring - the damage has already been done ! I would definitely not allow a shooter to use a 300 B/O with factory ammo !
Now on damage, make sure the organization knows about it. If found they are causing too much damage, it may get dropped later. That was one of the requirements during the meeting.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

nutcase wrote:
braud357 wrote:As it stands, a hot-loaded 22 Hornet, 30 M1 Carbine, and 32-20 will definitely damage targets. I cannot agree with the addition of yet another potential target-damaging cartridge ! The problem with target damage is the fact that when you determine that it is occurring - the damage has already been done ! I would definitely not allow a shooter to use a 300 B/O with factory ammo !
Now on damage, make sure the organization knows about it. If found they are causing too much damage, it may get dropped later. That was one of the requirements during the meeting.
It will not be a problem at my matches - we are not going to allow it !
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

After reading this proposal I started to remember years ago where some European (Norway????) shooters wanted to attend the Ints and shoot unlimited. Some countries allow shooters to cut down rifles and make into handguns. Obviously that is a no-no here in the U.S. Seems the rules allowed those countries to use their rifle/handguns in unlimited in their own countries as long as they met all the other rules. Seems like this new discussion about the Whisper/Blackout almost fits into that same category. If the Aussies have a reason for these cartridges to be allowed in THEIR matches, then let them. I don't want to dictate what they can or cannot use. If their government has some strange restrictions that make these cartridges easier for them to shoot, then we need to step back and let them shoot with these cartridges. NOW the caveat is, if the Aussies come to the U.S. (hope they continue to come here) to shoot in the Ints, then they will not be allowed to use these cartridges in FP and PHSC. We need to listen to our fellow shooters down under to their needs and/or restrictions. I think they will understand we are just a little different here. Meanwhile, listen to what the MDs here are saying. Sounds like those two would be banned from those two categories. As much as we think our rules are universal, we don't live in a perfect world.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

Bruce
I wish you well, and thank you for stepping up for the President’s position. I know you have only the best interest of Ihmsa at heart.
And thank you for always trying to keep us informed on what is going on. It is appreciated.
Look forward to you and Stewart coming to shoot with us again in the junkyard!
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA