March IHMSA News - David Bradshaw article

IHMSA Monthly News
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

March IHMSA News - David Bradshaw article

Post by braud357 »

I enjoyed the article on David Bradshaw in the March IHMSA News. David was such an inspiration to me when I started shooting IHMSA in 1980, because I was primarily a revolver shooter. I met David at the 1982 Internationals in Fortville. Fast forward to the late 90's - David was spending a lot of time in Louisiana and I got to share a lot of time with him, and soaked up a lot of knowledge along the way. I am glad to call him "friend" ! I do have one thing to add - the author stated that David was the Standing Revolver record holder, which is true. I tied the record (34x40) in July 1985 in Marthaville, LA with my 8 inch Dan Wesson 15-2H8. Animal count was 9 - 9 - 8 - 8. On the same day I fired a 108x120 3 gun revolver aggregate, which I believe also ties his revolver 3-gun record. I was so excited after shooting that Standing score that I only shot a 32x40 in Revolver category. I calmed down enough to get a 40x40 with the Dan Wesson in Production. I did not have enough revolver ammo to try for the 140, I had to use a TC 7TCU which was not sighted in, and missed the 140 Club by 1 point ! David and I have talked at length about our revolver exploits, and I was humbled when he told me that he used to keep up with my scores. We were lucky to have him champion our sport to the gun manufacturers, and he wrote many fine articles for "The Silhouette" and later for the "IHMSA News". One of my most cherished pins is my blue revolver "100 Club" pin - mine is the only one that I have ever seen ! Thanks to David, and thanks to the author for a fine article ! --- Philip Braud IHMSA #13794
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Re: March IHMSA News - David Bradshaw article

Post by aggshooter »

Holy cow...that just blows my mind. I can't imagine a 34 in standing with a revolver, or a 108 revolver 3-gun. I'm envious, to say the least. In today's silhouette world where we have aftermarket sights, taco hold, minor calibers.......and still only a handful of 32+ standing scores......Great achievment, just awesome, and a terrific story behind it. Thanks for sharing.
Rich
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Re: March IHMSA News - David Bradshaw article

Post by Hosspower »

I agree. Very impressive. Always amazed when I see these standing achievements pre-taco hold.

I am going to start a new topic in range ramblings about the taco hold.