membership input for the news

IHMSA Monthly News
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

membership input for the news

Post by nutcase »

I want input from the IHMSA members what you want to see in the News. I want to know what type of items you would like to see printed.

Things I am talking about are:
1. Load data
2. Equipment reviews
3. shooting tips and tricks
4. reloading tips and tricks

your input would be greatly appreciated.

Right now, About 70% of my time writing the News is taken up with entering the Match results. I am trying different types of software and hoping I can find one that will cut my time down in this area.

I am trying to return the IHMSA News to a paper that is helpful and informative to our membership.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
LOCKHART
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 16689

Re: membership input for the news

Post by LOCKHART »

I Would like to see some of the early articles on Ihmsa history, such as the guns used, loads, scores, etc. I think these things would show current members how this sport progressed through the years.
United States of America
volleyman
IHMSA President
IHMSA Member#: 52664

Post by volleyman »

I've asked Eric King to write some articles on the history and great performances of some of the great shooters. I've also Jim Harris permission to use some of the articles that were printing in his publication the NSR ( National Silhouette Report) Anyone else is also welcome to sumit similar articles as well. Here is a link to a recent reprint of an old NRA silhouette article I found very interesting. http://www.ssusa.org/articles/2015/10/2 ... n=1115[url][http://www.ssusa.org/articles/2015/10/2 ... n=1115/url]
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

The NRA article was a great read. I didn't subscribe to the NSR and would like to see some of the articles in our newspaper. With the limited availability of the old Gun Digest books on silhouette shooting some of those articles would be interesting to new shooters today but I'm sure there is copyright rules to prevent printing those articles in our newspaper. One thing I miss in our paper is the letters to the editor. The old Silhouette newspaper would sometimes be in two sections and would have lots of letters to the editor with personal experiences from shooters around the country. Now we don't get much feedback from the shooters. I found lots of helpful information in those letters. Maybe this forum has taken the place of letters to the editor but it would still be nice to see in print (electronic print even).
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

260 Striker wrote:The NRA article was a great read. I didn't subscribe to the NSR and would like to see some of the articles in our newspaper. With the limited availability of the old Gun Digest books on silhouette shooting some of those articles would be interesting to new shooters today but I'm sure there is copyright rules to prevent printing those articles in our newspaper. One thing I miss in our paper is the letters to the editor. The old Silhouette newspaper would sometimes be in two sections and would have lots of letters to the editor with personal experiences from shooters around the country. Now we don't get much feedback from the shooters. I found lots of helpful information in those letters. Maybe this forum has taken the place of letters to the editor but it would still be nice to see in print (electronic print even).
I would love to print the letters to the editor, But I have not gotten one yet! someday I might get one.

I have some Back issues of the NSR and the IHMSA news (along with a copy of the original "Shooting Steel" book). I will go through them and see if I can reprint some of them.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member