OLd copies of IHMSA NEWS?

IHMSA Monthly News
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Re: OLd copies of IHMSA NEWS?

Post by braud357 »

If you are still needing any past issues - I probably have them. I think that I have EVERY issue of the "Silhouette" and "IHMSA News" ever printed from 1977 onward !
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
WA_SHTR+44M
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 7771

Post by WA_SHTR+44M »

braud357

That's what I'm talking about - :) - I have been in contact with Lynn, Dan, Eric, and especially Alan Neilsen who has sent me 4 boxes of them. You ALL have been very supportive in being able to send me the copies that are needed to get this whole project completed.

Lynn and Dan combined are sending me some of the issues that I had from a list I provided them and they should be arriving soon.

All of the senoir experts out there could you please tell me if there were issues printed up for 1977 for MAY - JULY - SEPTEMBER. ?? I am not sure if they were or not.

I also have the issue for January-February of 1980 that has seen better days and is missing 3/4's of the front pageand the back bage of that section - So if anyone feels as though they could donate that one for the preservation of that year that would be great.

Here is my email to get in touch with me: sbishoptx@msn.com

Steve 7771
IHMSA Member since 1996
B-) 1st Copy IHMSA Newsletter Flash Drive 40 Years 1977-2016
United States of America
WA_SHTR+44M
Class C

Post by WA_SHTR+44M »

ALMOST READY #:-s

Guys and Gals-- I am almost complete with getting all of the back issues done and prepared to put onto a flash drive. The phase ONE project is just the issues of the months that have the Internationals for the 40 years and then the phase TWO will be every issue from 1977 to 2016 front to back pages.

Again this is by no means a professionally done setup but I think that what I have done to preserve the back issues should be easily read and clear enough to get "The-What" information you might want to enjoy. I have been having a real great time scanning these old back issues standing in my family room placing page after page onto the printer-scanner.

Steve 7771
IHMSA Member since 1996
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Steve, sent you a private message - but want to be sure that you received it. You are not missing the 1977 or 1978 issues that you mentioned in your message - they were only printing every other month at that time. I do, however, have the Jan-Feb. 1980 issue of "The Silhouette" in very good condition. Both sections are complete. Send me your address and I will mail it to you ! Thank you for your efforts ! --- Philip Braud
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
WA_SHTR+44M
Class C

Post by WA_SHTR+44M »

Philip,

That's what I more or less I expected about the 1977 issues but I wanted to be sure so that when I complete the entire 40 years of IHMSA newsletters-- "Phase Two" project that people will know that it is complete.
There were only a couple of issues where I did find that parts were cut out of the newsletter where the application form was and then I have maybe about 2 or 3 pages missing or partial pages within the entire 40 years so to the best of my ability the project will be 98.8% complete.
I did put together the 40 issues of just the ones of the Internationals from page to page and I have this onto the flash drive and I was able to have that-- "Phase One" project together and it is on a 16GB flash drive. It took less space then I calculated from doing the pre-math of Megabytes each issue used up but the 16GB drive is plenty of space and it costs less for a 16GB drive as opposed to getting a 8GB drive.

I will be glad to receive the Jan-Feb 1980 issues from you and that will complete that year of scanning for the Phase Two of the project.

---sbishoptx@msn.com

Thank you all for your support and being able to provide me with the information and the pieces here and there to bring my idea into reality. I have been wanting to do this for about 2 years now and finally the time has lent me the opportunity to bring it to life.

Steve 7771
IHMSA Member since 1996
United States of America
Dan Masson
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 44854

Post by Dan Masson »

Holy Moly Steve, that is a huge task you are tackling! I don't think I have anything to contribute, but hat is off to you for your time and effort!
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

WA_SHTR+44M wrote:ALMOST READY #:-s

Guys and Gals-- I am almost complete with getting all of the back issues done and prepared to put onto a flash drive. The phase ONE project is just the issues of the months that have the Internationals for the 40 years and then the phase TWO will be every issue from 1977 to 2016 front to back pages.

Again this is by no means a professionally done setup but I think that what I have done to preserve the back issues should be easily read and clear enough to get "The-What" information you might want to enjoy. I have been having a real great time scanning these old back issues standing in my family room placing page after page onto the printer-scanner.

Steve 7771
Thank you Steve! :ymapplause:
United States of America
Shaggy357
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 42649

Post by Shaggy357 »

I have a few copies of the IHMSA news, but not many. I do have the Silhouette load book that was put out many years ago. I also did a lot of corresponding with Bill Bartram and have a copy of his book. No, you cannot have the book, but if you need to know about one of his articles, I can check my book for the date so you can pull it up on Steve's thumb drive.

Steve :)
Steve. :)

“Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaud, or stay seated and cry?” Shaggy357 2002