delivery of IHMSA news.

IHMSA Monthly News
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Re: delivery of IHMSA news.

Post by nutcase »

Hosspower wrote:At a match yesterday 2 shooters were overheard saying they paid money and have not received news in the mail as they expected.

Before more members become disgruntled and possibly give up membership please at least send these guys a letter explaining the the status of IHMSA news. They expect a printed copy and do not receive it. Someone should have the mailing of these members.

Personally I feel the news should be electronic only. I also feel that members that do not use the web for news should be informed that printing is no longer financially possible and news is available on the IHMSA home page.
Ok, I am going to get some stuff off my chest here.

First, Nancy LaCroix printed in her report every issue from May 2014 to December 2014 That we would be going to electronic editions and that it would be an extra $20 per year for a printed copy along with Joe frey (the old Editor) printed this also. with all the emails and Phone calls I have received concerning why they are not getting the news, It is obvious that nobody bothers to read the News!

Second, Only HQ has the full membership database. HQ sends me a package each month that contains the Match results, copies of the membership renewals, Etc. I then go through it and enter any new Members to get printed copies into my mailing list. But I have not received a Package since August, So anybody who has renewed since then, I have no info on.

Third, Right now, all printing and mailing of the news is coming out of My pocket, since I have not Received any reimbursement since July. So, I am just as frustrated as you guys are.

and concerning, The minutes of the meetings at the 2015 Champs or Financial reports- I have not yet received them! When I get them and they are approved by the Board, I will print them in the news.

and if anybody has paid the $20 per year and not getting the news, PLEASE have them get hold of me or HQ. we will take care of them. I personally will extend their time to compensate.

And last, The October issue looks like it is going to be a small one. Since it is already Oct 12th and I have not received about 80% of the stuff I need to print, I do not have much to print and I AM NOT GOING TO BE LATE AGAIN On the news! X(
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Dan, Thanks for the info. The majority of the members know you are doing the best you can with what you are given. You are caught in the middle and are hearing all the frustration of the members for different issues. Please understand the frustrations are not directly at you but at the HQ directors for not stepping up and doing their jobs. We all appreciate YOUR hard work in keeping us informed about IHMSA. If the IHMSA directors had half your dedication we would not have the controversies that exist today. Keep up the good work, we really appreciate it! As far as expenses coming out of your pocket, that just proves that we need financial accountability for IHMSA. No person volunteering for a position in IHMSA should have to use their personal funds for the organization.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
LOCKHART
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 16689

Post by LOCKHART »

Good luck getting Cindy to return calls! She makes it very plain that her "job" is not a paid position in the message you will get when you call her. I've yet to hear from her. I have received ed exactly 3 issues of the news since I renewed in February. I will not be sending another 20 dollars on my next renewal.
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

LOCKHART wrote:Good luck getting Cindy to return calls! She makes it very plain that her "job" is not a paid position in the message you will get when you call her. I've yet to hear from her. I have received ed exactly 3 issues of the news since I renewed in February. I will not be sending another 20 dollars on my next renewal.
Yours I will be extending till June 2016. You were one of the ones that renewed about the time I took over. and I did not get a good mailing list till May. in fact, anybody who renewed before May I will be extending!
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

What is the official IHMSA position on Life members who bought it at the higher level with a promise of the IHMSA News for life such as me? Also, since we are no longer mailing the paper to Life members, are we going to lower the cost of a Life membership?

Steve W.
33287L
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

%-(
Last edited by xp-100 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

News is posted on the IHMSA home page.

http://www.ihmsa.org/ihmsa-news.html
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

%-(
Last edited by xp-100 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
Shoot2Thrill
IHMSA President
IHMSA Member#: 57686

Post by Shoot2Thrill »

As a wise man, Jimologist, once said if they want it bad enough, they will get access to it. I would bet a considerable amount of money that the folks who do not use or have access to the internet, probably know someone who does. Family member, friend, somebody has to have a smartphone that could access the news in most corners of BFE.
Doug Edney, IHMSA President
NRA Life Member **==
IHMSA Member in good "standing"
Western Reserve Fish & Game Protective Association, PA Silhouette Co-Match Director
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

xp-100, maybe you could host an IHMSA news party so those deprived souls that work in plants and fields can view the news.

It's 2015. Postal newsletters are not the future for any organization. Sears catalogs are not going to make comeback either.