delivery of IHMSA news.

IHMSA Monthly News
United States of America
338whisper2
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57411

Re: delivery of IHMSA news.

Post by 338whisper2 »

Shoot2Thrill wrote:As a wise man, Jimologist, once said if they want it bad enough, they will get access to it. I would bet a considerable amount of money that the folks who do not use or have access to the internet, probably know someone who does. Family member, friend, somebody has to have a smartphone that could access the news in most corners of BFE.
Who wants to go 5 miles up the road to access the internet on a 2x3.5" smart phone,because right now that's what I have to do to get internet,family& friends are usually getting ready for bed time I get home from work,that's over a hour drive. 8-} 8-} 8-}
Life member IHMSA 57411L
Life member NRA
80X80
United States of America
338whisper2
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57411

Post by 338whisper2 »

Hosspower wrote:xp-100, maybe you could host an IHMSA news party so those deprived souls that work in plants and fields can view the news.

It's 2015. Postal newsletters are not the future for any organization. Sears catalogs are not going to make comeback either.
Not all of use are living the dream behind the desk.. =)) =)) =))
Life member IHMSA 57411L
Life member NRA
80X80
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Although many people today have computers and surf the web, the fact still remains that not ALL people do that. Since IHMSA started out with printed newspapers, we still have to honor the few members who do not/can not use the Internet. This organization needs to provide the news for all members regardless whether new technology is the cheapest/fastest way to distribute the news. I'm still having problems balancing a laptop on my lap to read the IHMSA News while I'm in the head. Paper still has its place!!!!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

This is hilarious. If getting IHMSA news in print or online is the big bitch of the day then life is pretty good.

Who is living the dream?

338whisper2, I can see this is a big deal for you if you felt the need to drive 5 miles up the roads and use a smartphone to reply to this post. If a desk job is your dream go back to school (I guess online classes are out) or see if the local call center is hiring. =)) =)) =))

To the point of members not having internet and feeling cheated they are not getting the new mailed to them:
Financial reports are asked for over and over. I doubt there is any money left over for printing and mailing of news. It is no secret that membership is shrinking and the budget just isn't there. With all of the complaints on here it is obvious the current situation of mailing the news is not working very well. If it just stopped Dan would have less to worry about and we would hear less bitching that the news has not arrived. Members would also not have to pay an extra $20 for news.

The news papers go to current members only which is a declining number. The much less selfish approach would be to put efforts to getting new members instead of insisting on printed news mailed to your house. This is my opinion. If you do not like then you do not like it. I couldn't care any less.
Last edited by Hosspower on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

260 Striker wrote:Although many people today have computers and surf the web, the fact still remains that not ALL people do that. Since IHMSA started out with printed newspapers, we still have to honor the few members who do not/can not use the Internet. This organization needs to provide the news for all members regardless whether new technology is the cheapest/fastest way to distribute the news. I'm still having problems balancing a laptop on my lap to read the IHMSA News while I'm in the head. Paper still has its place!!!!!!!
Amen! ~o)
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
User avatar United States of America
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

260 Striker wrote: I'm still having problems balancing a laptop on my lap to read the IHMSA News while I'm in the head. Paper still has its place!!!!!!!
HAHAHA I nominate this for a post of the month award!
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Are we heading to a total paper less society. What about TP????? I urge people to be tolerant of others who may not have moved into the cyber world like most of us. We do not want to become politicians and drive wedges between the membership. A cost savings has been realized since most (?) members now get the newspaper on this website but we must still support the members who need/desire a paper copy. Dan has done a fantastic job of recreating the paper and we need to support him in his effort to distribute the news to ALL members. I was especially shocked to learn that he was using his personal funds for the printed issues. That definitely has to stop.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
Elmo
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 13936

Post by Elmo »

I have a life membership, 13936L, and I no longer receive a membership card although I updated my address.
Elmo
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

Elmo wrote:I have a life membership, 13936L, and I no longer receive a membership card although I updated my address.
Elmo
I do not think any Life members got a new card this year (at least the ones I talked to). Hopefully HQ will send them out next year.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Post by AtomicDogg »

nutcase wrote:
Elmo wrote:I have a life membership, 13936L, and I no longer receive a membership card although I updated my address.
Elmo
I do not think any Life members got a new card this year (at least the ones I talked to). Hopefully HQ will send them out next year.
I receive a new card every year and I'm a life member 49169L.........now you watch, I'll stop getting them, and fortunately, I need them because I manage to fill one up during the year.
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper