Bring back old articles

IHMSA Monthly News
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Bring back old articles

Post by 260 Striker »

I just notice Richard P. was the past author of the cast bullet articles in the older newspapers. What would it take to get some of those, and other old articles, reprinted in the current paper? Some of those past articles were very interesting and some new shooters may never have had the chance to read them. Larry Harris was a member of our club and is now gone but used to provide many good loading articles. I have obtained his original copies so I may submit some of those to the newspaper with permission from his brother. Just an example of interesting things we can use to build up our paper again. With electronic copies now available all we would be using now is extra electrons. I personally would like to see more cast bullet information on some of the "newer(?)" cartridges, ie. 300 Whisper, 7BR, 30BR, 30 Carbine and don't know if cast is possible in the PPCs. Of course CB loads for the old standby 9mm, 38/357, 44SP & Mag, 45 Colt etc. would be great for newer (and older) FP shooters who like to use CB. Probably lots of other good subjects too.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Re: Bring back old articles

Post by Hosspower »

Yes, please bring these back. I'm new to IHMSA and I have reloaded for about 15 years now. My knowledge of cast bullets is limited though.
User avatar United States of America
IHMSA80x80
Class B

Post by IHMSA80x80 »

I know what they are.
"Are you gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?"
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

Could certainly be useful. Have had all sorts of dramas working up a good CB load for .357 Mag. cases.
Have fallen back to .44, seems easier with which to work.

I have a few older issues of the IMHSA news that have CB articles, but it's far from the full collection.
Noahspawpaw0801
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 11528

Post by Noahspawpaw0801 »

There are numerous older articles of interest to all IHMSA members including reloading, optics, vision, practice, choice of handguns from revolvers to you name it, etc, etc...
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

anybody willing to help me bring back the Old Cast Bullet section of the IHMSA News? I miss reading this.

if you want, I still Have the old book Called "shooting steel" which had a lot of good info.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
Oldfart
Target Painter

Post by Oldfart »

Yes Sir casting articles is what got me started back in the 70's and a little pushing from our leader at the time Elgin Gates is truly missed, ;) %%-
Casting bullets adds another item we as shooters can control,besides it was to cut costs back then,but you won't save much you will just shoot more,reloading is as much of a part of silhouette shooting as,your pistol,maybe more :D New & Old shooters can learn a lot reading these older articles L-)