Life members and annual members

Downloadable Membership Forms
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Re: Life members and annual members

Post by aggshooter »

xp-100 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:24 pm Rich, your supposed to be help promote the sport and not tare it down. Your just adding fuel to the fire and not calming the storm. Stuart is like several others who can not make both trips because of work and getting time off. I think that you and Jim Kessler has started taking this just a little too far don't you think. Now, lets try to promote the sport and the ECC and not tare it down any further.
Don't misunderstand. Greg offered that he is coming for only the first weekend and suggested (you & Stuart) can do the same. We're 6 hours(?) from you. If you can come up on Friday night, shoot 2 days and drive home Sunday night, that would be great.

In my first 34 years of IHMSA, I attended 11 Internationals and missed 23. I just didn't have enough money and/or vacation to attend the Idaho and Texas events. There is no perfect solution. Some people will shoot only Small bore, other will shoot only BB, some will shoot both.

The split format is to allow a small club with limited capability to take some of the burden off the other club that is hosting BB and 1/2 scale. Hopefully, neither club gets overwhelmed.

Hope you can attend. If not, hope to see you at OKC in July.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

I understand what was the intent, but with the wording it makes one think twice of what is happening and this is why I posted a chat myself. Looking at all that is going on, we are trying to help the organization and trying not to tare it down. But looking at the flop stocks the red dots on revolvers for production and adding more class's then this is not helping matters at all without some clarification as to what is going on and what will be expected. As too the small bore and field pistol in one place an BB in another, its about the driving time and vacation time for some who can not get off that much time at one event. Also what your not looking at is you have say 3 events with no time to clean, prep and load ammo not counting cleaning firearms before quitting or 2 events with no time for cleaning, prepping ammo and cleaning firearms before the Int.'s, then the long drive to OK.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
LOCKHART
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 16689

Post by LOCKHART »

I support the game by going to my local range, and getting in
as many entries that I can AFFORD! Not all of us in IHMSA have
the money to go traipsing across the country! I have been a member
of IHMSA since 1980, and while I've shot at numerous ranges here in
Texas, there's only TWO ranges left that actually have monthly matches,
and one of them is about 300 miles from me!