New family membership instructions?

Downloadable Membership Forms
United States of America
Douger
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 52727

New family membership instructions?

Post by Douger »

The last few years I've used the Paypal method to renew my membership. However, last September I married my spotter, Gayna Strachota. Gayna used to be an IHMSA member but let her membership lapse a number of years ago. She let it go mostly because she was spending most of her weekend time caring for her mother. But now Gayna is retired and her mother is living in an assisted care facility. She still shoots a couple of entries a year as a guest. But I would like to take advantage of the family membership program to get her set up with a new score card.

However, when I check the Paypal renewal page it is not clear how to create a new family membership. I can see how to renew my membership. I can also see that the Paypal page allows you to enter the $10 fee for a family membership as a separate transaction. But there are no instructions on how to create the family membership the first time. Do I renew my membership first? Or is there a transaction where I combine renewing my membership and starting her family membership? Do I enter her old IHMSA number? How do I link it to my current IHMSA number? Also, what happens next year when we renew our memberships? Do we renew separately or is there a family option?

I downloaded the US membership .pdf and it also had no instructions for the family membership options. It also didn't look like it had been updated since 2016. What is the current address to send membership dues? In fact is IHMSA even still doing family memberships? Please let me know who I need to get in touch with about this issue. Thanks much.
United States of America
Shoot2Thrill
IHMSA President
IHMSA Member#: 57686

Re: New family membership instructions?

Post by Shoot2Thrill »

Hey Doug, you have many questions, and I don't have much of an answer for you. Although, I will be looking into your concern. Personally, I will claim ignorance because we mail the paper application rather than using Paypal. As far as IHMSA #, mine is 57686, and April's number is 57686W. I complete a form for myself, and April completes a separate form for herself. I hope to have somewhat of an answer for you at Tusco.
Doug Edney, IHMSA President
NRA Life Member **==
IHMSA Member in good "standing"
Western Reserve Fish & Game Protective Association, PA Silhouette Co-Match Director