User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: 2019 Membership

Post by 19 Turkeys »

i26963 wrote:
Proclaim wrote:
i26963 wrote: For instance, who is Pres. of IHMSA now?
Melvin
This information is available on the main IHMSA website. To easily access the main website just click on the header at the top of the Forum page where it says "Welcome to the IHMSA forum"..

I have visited that and it is out of date.
The last President’s report was March 2018. The last IHMSA News was August 2018. Steve’s term as Pres. was up in 2018.
My question was whether Steve is still President?
And the greater question is “ who is driving the bus”? And what do we tell the clubs that ask what are the advantages to becoming IHMSA sanctioned? And I have had clubs ask that very question.
Melvin
& when will we see a financial report? What is the status of the Cindy Smith case? When will an IHMSA News be published? Sent in a change of address notice with a sanction fee & now I wonder if that has been changed?

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
jcunclejoe
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 54512

Post by jcunclejoe »

Hello everyone,

Steve Martens is still President but now is the time to submit nominations.
Ray Utter is the HQ person and the Sec/Treas. He has expressed interest in leaving those positions so we are looking for nominations for those positions as well.

Yes, there should be a way to know that IHMSA has received your payment. I have not gotten any confirmation that my renewal was received either.

We really could use a few good people to step up and run for positions.

I just became match director again in addition to State and Regional and Big Bore records.

Too many hats and not enough people to wear them all.

I am sorry that things do not run better.

The Smith thing is pending action through the Cheyenne legal system.

Joe
Standing is my favorite category. (Not right in the head)

Oregon State Director
Bend, Oregon Match Director
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

jcunclejoe wrote:Hello everyone,

Ray Utter is the HQ person and the Sec/Treas. He has expressed interest in leaving those positions so we are looking for nominations for those positions as well
Joe
Joe,

Members of the Board need to do an audit of the books with Ray leaving.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

Please let me help clear the air just a little.
First: Lynn, if a member joins in say July, then the membership cost will be pro rated for ever how many month's there is left. He will not have to pay full membership dues until January 1 of every year.
Now with membership score cards. This has been a long drawn out thing. Especially going from one to another on whose handling what. I am not the president but I will say if you have a problem, direct to me and I will try my best to help you out and get what your asking for. Cards are being printed and will be mailed out accordingly. Annual news letter is about finished and will be going to press as soon as possible and will be going out to members. If you have any other concerns or questions, please let me know and I will give you up-dates as soon as I can. Thank you.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
xp-100
Class B

Post by xp-100 »

Lynn, to answer your question about the membership you were asking about. (Using this as a example) You can give him a year membership from July 2019(this year) to July 2020(next year) but then he would have to pay for
July 2020 to January 2021 at the pro rate of $3.00 a month for a total of $15.00. Then it will be yearly rate from January 1 to January 1 the next year. I hope this will clear things up for your club. Your new member will be getting his free year according to your club rules.
Just let the financial secretary know what is going on and they will do the rest. If you need anything else, please contact me and I will try my best to help you. thanks
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Bruce, I should have updated my original question. My MD reminded me that we did away with awarding a membership to X number of non-member entries several years ago when we reduced our entry fees. It was not financially feasible for the club to award memberships due to the reduced fees. Thanks for researching the issue and I apologize for not withdrawing my original question. Some of our non-members prefer to shoot entries but not to join even though we encourage them to become members.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
xp-100
Class B

Post by xp-100 »

Lynn, thank you for coming back and clearing things up some. But still remember, if someone joins sometime in the year, then membership dues are pro rated for how many months that are left in the year and will not be charged for the whole year. Also if you have anything that should be brought up to the board, please be free to contact me and I will bring it up in the board meeting. I am here to help and will try my best to do just that. thanks.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason