VRPC--Knoxville TN 6-25-11

Mike22
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57210

VRPC--Knoxville TN 6-25-11

Post by Mike22 »

Volunteer Rifle and Pistol Club
Knoxville, TN

Well we had a small turn out this weekend but had a big time. We always have fun picking at each other about the skiddish turkeys that keep moving just as we pull the trigger for a MISS. David our newest shooter shot 3 matches. 2 for score and 1 as a re-entry. David is getting settled in with his new charger and i believe with some trigger work or a new trigger we will see his score go way up. Wayne our match director shot 3 entries and even as he complains about this and that hurting i wish i could keep up with his scores. I shot 3 entries also and well my SB P score was pretty rough. I think i must have changed some sight settings i had written down cause they were way off. Oh well i will get that fixed.

Smallbore
Wayne UAS-INT T/C 40
Wayne US BF 26
David UAS Charger 25
David P Auto MkII 7
Michael US MKll 25
Michael P 16

Field Pistol
Wayne PAS T/C 22hornet 36
Michael P T/C 38spl. 28
RockinHRacin
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 55010

Re: VRPC--Knoxville TN 6-25-11

Post by RockinHRacin »

Mike,

Please pass on my name to David and have him contact me about his Charger. Down here in Gainesville GA we have 3 Chargers (4 if you count the 10/22 rifle receiver set up as a pistol) and all of them are set up differently (and all 4 of us are INT shooters). I'm sure we can come up with some tips for him to improve his score.

Chris
God created Electronic Warfare Maintenance Technicians so pilots would have heroes too.
kg4tyr
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by kg4tyr »

RockinHRacin wrote:Mike,

Please pass on my name to David and have him contact me about his Charger. Down here in Gainesville GA we have 3 Chargers (4 if you count the 10/22 rifle receiver set up as a pistol) and all of them are set up differently (and all 4 of us are INT shooters). I'm sure we can come up with some tips for him to improve his score.

Chris
Hey Chris this is "the" David mentioned in this post. I appreciate the offer for help. Never have been a great shot, but Saturday I had the shakes REAL bad. Shot a 33 last month in my first match with this gun. I have ordered a Kidd 2 stage for it and won't drink a Mountain Dew on the way to the match ;) Any advise you all can give me would be great. Thanks
David
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Member #17952
Why punch paper when you can SLAM STEEL!!!!
RockinHRacin
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 55010

Post by RockinHRacin »

The Kidd is a great way to go. I've never shot one, but from all I've heard about it, it's the cream of the crop of trigger groups for the 10/22. I have a reworked trigger in my Charger. Now that I know who you are, I know you are already on RFC and you've got a pretty nice Charger. I don't remember if you've replaced or reworked the barrel yet, but if you haven't, I highly suggest contacting Nemo and having him rework your barrel, or a 10/22 rifle barrel that he'll cut down (he did this for me.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A Charger, straight out of the box, is capable of shooting a 40 with even $150+ glass... I almost did it 3 times and all 3 times were my fault I missed. Then I started the mods... BWAHAHAHAHA.

Chris
God created Electronic Warfare Maintenance Technicians so pilots would have heroes too.