IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Re: Cherokee Gun Club - 03Mar2018 Match Results

Post by jmoore »

The featured guest was quite tasty! The Dixons put on another excellent feast.

Threw Lisa in the "deep end" with a new to her .22 Hornet with very loud loads for what I think is her official first FPAS entry. It may be better for her to shoot right handed whilst using her left eye, rather than trying to pull the trigger with her "off" hand. She stuck with it, even though she had to work the action righty, due to some lingering weakness from the carpal tunnel surgery.

Can't remember ever having such a hard time finding targets as with the Anschutz with it's Anschutz rifle peep sights. Even ran out of time once, just hunting. But I think it will make a good, if ugly, flop gun.

Discovered you don't have to see the targets to hit them, at least in FP. Late afternoon shadows made some of the Rams virtually invisible. Got those, only to miss the ones I could see. May have been more a case of not listening to my spotter, as the shot plot on Lisa's scoring corkboard showed the .32s trending low, mostly. Thanks again to Melvin for the spotting boards (and tote)! They are getting plenty of use.