Membership special announcement

Here is the place to post your ideas and suggestions for the President of IHMSA.
Forum rules
Civility and decorum is expected. Any posts of an antagonistic or abusive nature will be deleted and the poster reprimanded.
United States of America
LOCKHART
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 16689

Re: Membership special announcement

Post by LOCKHART »

Steve has always put IHMSA first and foremost in his postings. He has been a voice crying in the wilderness for the most part. He has repeatedly called for publishing a current financial statement and has been ignored for the most part. Steve is sure not the enemy here, and shouldn't be attacked for just trying to get financial statements published, which I'm sure are required for a nonprofit organization.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Some parts of the bylaws need to be reviewed especially this one about publishing financial reports in the IHMSA News. While the newspaper was paper copies and only sent to valid IHMSA members then printing the financial statements would only have gone to valid IHMSA members. Now that the news is online and basically anyone that finds the IHMSA.org site can now access our paper do we want our financial statements made public to non-members? Somehow we need to have financial statements made available ONLY to IHMSA members per the frequencies noted in the current bylaws. I sure hope our bylaws are not just something to read and then forget!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

260 Striker wrote:Some parts of the bylaws need to be reviewed especially this one about publishing financial reports in the IHMSA News. While the newspaper was paper copies and only sent to valid IHMSA members then printing the financial statements would only have gone to valid IHMSA members. Now that the news is online and basically anyone that finds the IHMSA.org site can now access our paper do we want our financial statements made public to non-members? Somehow we need to have financial statements made available ONLY to IHMSA members per the frequencies noted in the current bylaws. I sure hope our bylaws are not just something to read and then forget!!!!

Here is what the bylaws say. " The Secretary/Treasurer shall on a quarterly basis, furnish the members of the Board an up-to-date financial statement, with the cycle of reporting beginning with an annual financial report presented to the Board and the annual business meeting of the corporation held in conjunction with the International Championships. This report is to show the financial position of the corporation as at the end of the quarter immediately preceding the annual business meeting." The prior administration was negligent in not requiring the Secretary/Treasurer to follow our bylaws. We as members need to be vigilant and require our elected officers to follow the bylaws.

March ends a quarter. Hopefully, this administration will publish a quarterly financial in April.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
volleyman
IHMSA President
IHMSA Member#: 52664

Post by volleyman »

Ray has been providing the board quarterly Financial reports. Maybe not all have been printed in newsletter, They just haven't gotten into the correct month of the newsletter??? Not a conspiracy to keep the members in the dark. The last two years we have been operating on a bare bone budget. Spending only what is required to keep the organization running. The money that was stolen could have been used to provide advertising for the sport and for membership drives. Also to produce a more up to date brochure promoting the sport. Those ideas were put on hold until we have the funds.
What can you do as members to help??? Renew your memberships, get to a bunch of matches and shoot a lot of entries. Not the toughest thing to do and it's a lot of fun.
Steve Martens
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

volleyman wrote:Ray has been providing the board quarterly Financial reports. Maybe not all have been printed in newsletter, They just haven't gotten into the correct month of the newsletter??? Not a conspiracy to keep the members in the dark. The last two years we have been operating on a bare bone budget. Spending only what is required to keep the organization running. The money that was stolen could have been used to provide advertising for the sport and for membership drives. Also to produce a more up to date brochure promoting the sport. Those ideas were put on hold until we have the funds.
What can you do as members to help??? Renew your memberships, get to a bunch of matches and shoot a lot of entries. Not the toughest thing to do and it's a lot of fun.
Steve Martens
I agree with Steve. A larger presence at the local matches will help. I believe publishing the financial statements the last couple years would have been very detrimental to IHMSA. Not only were the obligated by the courts not to reveal certain things. They could have been accused of wrong doing. We went down that road years ago with Elgin Gates. Don't want a repeat. The "permanent range" in Oak Ridge just about killed Region II.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57410

Post by Proclaim »

19 Turkeys wrote:
260 Striker wrote:The prior administration was negligent in not requiring the Secretary/Treasurer to follow our bylaws. We as members need to be vigilant and require our elected officers to follow the bylaws.

Steve W.
Who was on the Board at the time of this violation? There is a way to hold these elected people accountable.
Holdrege Silhouette Gun Club Member
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

You all really tickle me about this whole matter. First. You think the board is trying to hide things. Well, for one my friend, all this moaning, groaning, finger pointing, complaining and such is one of the reason's no one wants to post anything. You want to crucify the one's trying to run the organization and trying to recover what was taken. When any of you were asked to step up to the plate and take a position, that answer has always been NO! Now, you don't have much of a leg to stand on. I don't want to piss anyone off, but in reality, you need to grow up for this is an adult world now. Lets all quit complaining and try to help get over this matter if the organization is going to survive. This is just what the defense line for Cindy wants. Everyone to be against each other. Lets all pull together and make this an even better organization than it was. Just my 2 cents.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

xp-100 wrote:You all really tickle me about this whole matter. First. You think the board is trying to hide things. Well, for one my friend, all this moaning, groaning, finger pointing, complaining and such is one of the reason's no one wants to post anything. You want to crucify the one's trying to run the organization and trying to recover what was taken. When any of you were asked to step up to the plate and take a position, that answer has always been NO! Now, you don't have much of a leg to stand on. I don't want to piss anyone off, but in reality, you need to grow up for this is an adult world now. Lets all quit complaining and try to help get over this matter if the organization is going to survive. This is just what the defense line for Cindy wants. Everyone to be against each other. Lets all pull together and make this an even better organization than it was. Just my 2 cents.
My objective is to keep this from happening again by ensuring that the leadership follows the bylaws & publishes financials quarterly. I would hope that you would agree with this.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Comment deleted
Last edited by braud357 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

I figured someone would chime in with negativity, so let it be. You haven't thought that all this was set up by Mr. Gates along time ago and has never been changed. We, as board members are trying our best to change a few things and get back on track and we really don't need the all the negativity that we are getting. As said, Elgin and the delegation had set this up. Yes, I agree to some extent but I am not trying to piss off anyone, just trying to open eyes and keep this from going further. As I said before, this is WHY WE DON'T COME TO THE FORUM TO BE CRUSIFIED. My 2 cents. this will be my last to chime in for I am not going to be a victim anymore.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason