Observation ------

Here is the place to post your ideas and suggestions for the President of IHMSA.
Forum rules
Civility and decorum is expected. Any posts of an antagonistic or abusive nature will be deleted and the poster reprimanded.
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Observation ------

Post by braud357 »

Cannot help but notice - tomorrow will be exactly 1 year since the last post in this column. (crickets ------------------------- )
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Observation ------

Post by 260 Striker »

I hope this is not an indication of the health of our organization.
Should have been some worthy news in the last year!!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
LOCKHART
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 16689

Post by LOCKHART »

I don't even know WHO the President is!! :)
United States of America
fld40
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 16970

Post by fld40 »

That is an indicator of our “current status”. If leadership does not even support our organization, then how can we expect the membership to do so. Very Sad !!! I did notice that he enjoys shooting though. Mr President, I hope you respond to this.
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

No, it is not an indication on what the organization looks like. The organization is doing fine, and there was a little happening this past year but couldn't be discussed at that particular time as you were informed lately. There's more changes in the making but have to get the delegation together on the items to be discussed. There has been a few new ranges open up and membership is on the rise again and things are looking great for our sport. But, we need to get our members in the active mode and get out there and support our ranges or they will die. We need to also talk to some of the older shooters who have dropped out for some sort of reason and get them back to shooting also. As we are all getting older we also need to look at the PC end of our organization. I have notice a little pick up from members who need some sort of help so they can compete, Either from rotator cuff surgery, back injuries or some other type of physical imparities. I for one have had may share of surgeries and injuries so I know what it is like to try to compete with out some sort of aide. Some of the clubs have noticed this trend and have made handi-cap bench's. It is not mandatory to have them, but it helps the older shooters who have had knee surgery or replacement. Been there. Carol Pilant is seeing that now for he has had his replaced in the last year or so also. Enough said here, everyone shoot well this year and have a safe year also.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
User avatar United States of America
contender1121
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57830

Post by contender1121 »

xp-100 wrote:No, it is not an indication on what the organization looks like. The organization is doing fine, and there was a little happening this past year but couldn't be discussed at that particular time as you were informed lately. There's more changes in the making but have to get the delegation together on the items to be discussed. There has been a few new ranges open up and membership is on the rise again and things are looking great for our sport. But, we need to get our members in the active mode and get out there and support our ranges or they will die. We need to also talk to some of the older shooters who have dropped out for some sort of reason and get them back to shooting also. As we are all getting older we also need to look at the PC end of our organization. I have notice a little pick up from members who need some sort of help so they can compete, Either from rotator cuff surgery, back injuries or some other type of physical imparities. I for one have had may share of surgeries and injuries so I know what it is like to try to compete with out some sort of aide. Some of the clubs have noticed this trend and have made handi-cap bench's. It is not mandatory to have them, but it helps the older shooters who have had knee surgery or replacement. Been there. Carol Pilant is seeing that now for he has had his replaced in the last year or so also. Enough said here, everyone shoot well this year and have a safe year also.
As one of the "older shooters" who has returned to the line after a 27-year absence, I say "good on ya mate"! I'm having a blast.
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

contender1121 wrote:
xp-100 wrote:No, it is not an indication on what the organization looks like. The organization is doing fine, and there was a little happening this past year but couldn't be discussed at that particular time as you were informed lately. There's more changes in the making but have to get the delegation together on the items to be discussed. There has been a few new ranges open up and membership is on the rise again and things are looking great for our sport. But, we need to get our members in the active mode and get out there and support our ranges or they will die. We need to also talk to some of the older shooters who have dropped out for some sort of reason and get them back to shooting also. As we are all getting older we also need to look at the PC end of our organization. I have notice a little pick up from members who need some sort of help so they can compete, Either from rotator cuff surgery, back injuries or some other type of physical imparities. I for one have had may share of surgeries and injuries so I know what it is like to try to compete with out some sort of aide. Some of the clubs have noticed this trend and have made handi-cap bench's. It is not mandatory to have them, but it helps the older shooters who have had knee surgery or replacement. Been there. Carol Pilant is seeing that now for he has had his replaced in the last year or so also. Enough said here, everyone shoot well this year and have a safe year also.
As one of the "older shooters" who has retired after a 27-year absence, I say "good on ya mate"! I'm having a blast.
LOL! As an older shooter,that hasn’t shot IHMSA
in 27 years! You sure haven’t lost your touch! I watched you several times from the line shack,that’s what I call stacking bullets!
Last edited by JACKIE40X40 on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
contender1121
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57830

Post by contender1121 »

JACKIE40X40 wrote:
contender1121 wrote:
As one of the "older shooters" who has retired after a 27-year absence, I say "good on ya mate"! I'm having a blast.
LOL! As an older shooter,that hasn’t shoot IHMSA
in 27 years! You sure haven’t lost your touch! I watched you several times from the line shack,that’s what I call stacking bullets!
Thanks Jackie. Like I said, I'm having a blast. Air pistolas tonight. Come join the fun.
Now, if I can get you to spell my last name right the world will be level again. :)) Har.... in lieu of Her....
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

Fixed! Sorry Charles. :-bd