Membership special announcement

Here is the place to post your ideas and suggestions for the President of IHMSA.
Forum rules
Civility and decorum is expected. Any posts of an antagonistic or abusive nature will be deleted and the poster reprimanded.
TinaC
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 54512

Re: Membership special announcement

Post by TinaC »

Hello.

Very few of you know me - but I am the person who has been dealing with the legal side of this matter for the past two years. While I appreciate the kind words expressed in this forum for the board and executive committee, I would like to take a moment to clear something up.

First and foremost - for two years I monitored the Smith's Facebook pages to gain information from their posts to help support your case when presenting the evidence to the Cheyenne police department, DA's office, and Cindy Smith's attorney as to her activity with your money.

It was easy because they were stupid.

They posted things in a public place.

This is a public forum.

For those who would like to continue to beat this horse, a bad attorney would likely have his or her staff monitor any forum in an effort to gain anything to help Cindy cast doubt as to her guilt in this matter. I would imagine that some of the comments have at the least been screen captured for a potential witness list. It is what I would do. It is what I did.

Of course, if anyone wants to continue to publicly assist her by giving her attorney bogus bread crumb trails to pursue to muddy the waters from the clear cut case we built against her, by all means, give me a call and I'll give you the name and number of her attorney. She needs all the help she can get.

I am not suggesting that conversation stop.

I am suggesting that someone make this particular thread PRIVATE before google indexes it.

Tina Cullison
United States of America
gibar
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by gibar »

TinaC wrote:Hello.

Very few of you know me - but I am the person who has been dealing with the legal side of this matter for the past two years. While I appreciate the kind words expressed in this forum for the board and executive committee, I would like to take a moment to clear something up.

First and foremost - for two years I monitored the Smith's Facebook pages to gain information from their posts to help support your case when presenting the evidence to the Cheyenne police department, DA's office, and Cindy Smith's attorney as to her activity with your money.

It was easy because they were stupid.

They posted things in a public place.

This is a public forum.

For those who would like to continue to beat this horse, a bad attorney would likely have his or her staff monitor any forum in an effort to gain anything to help Cindy cast doubt as to her guilt in this matter. I would imagine that some of the comments have at the least been screen captured for a potential witness list. It is what I would do. It is what I did.

Of course, if anyone wants to continue to publicly assist her by giving her attorney bogus bread crumb trails to pursue to muddy the waters from the clear cut case we built against her, by all means, give me a call and I'll give you the name and number of her attorney. She needs all the help she can get.

I am not suggesting that conversation stop.

I am suggesting that someone make this particular thread PRIVATE before google indexes it.

Tina Cullison
yes
Join in 1978 IHMSA# 3109
NRA life
Former match director Miamisburg Sportsmen's Club
Former IHMSA Ohio State Director
Member OGCA
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

I know of no way to take it private. Only thing to do would be to delete it.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

I can appreciate all the comments on this thread. I am glad to hear the situation is being handled by HQ and that is the most important thing now. Possibly mentioning the problem in general with no name attached might have satisfied the members and also provided some degree of discretion for the party involved. The important thing that is being missed in this discussion is the hunger by the general membership for ANY information from HQ. Unfortunately this was bad information. I would just like to know what our organization is considering and or working on for our benefit. There has been some negative comments because some members (me too) are asking just for information in general. I hate feeling like I belong to an organization that does not feel like I need to know what it is doing. Spare the details for legal reasons but at least let us (me) know what is going on. That is my 1 cent because I am cheap!! Thanks for all comments. At least we are communicating.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
contender1121
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57830

Post by contender1121 »

19 Turkeys wrote:I know of no way to take it private. Only thing to do would be to delete it.

Steve W.
Then I would vote to delete the thread. Pretty much everything that can be said has so been. Why provide anything that could possibly be used in the thief's defense?
Unfortunately, as was stated earlier, said thief will most likely get a slap on the wrist and IHMSA will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar.
Communication is vital, just not on this subject at this time.
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

I have no problem with the deletion of this thread. But what concerned me more was the posting of her picture on the FB IHMSA page. Don’t know the legal ramifications of that. I assume since she was booked, that the booking photo becomes public.
All we can do now is wait on the completion of the legal process, and we all,know the wheels of justice turn very slow.
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
United States of America
bkraft
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 57644

Post by bkraft »

Take it down, before we screw this up. IF we are smart we would say nothing more about this on an open forum. The next thing we should see would be the verdict. Then the appeals process would begin. Take it down!
TinaC
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 54512

Post by TinaC »

Her booking photo is public record. It was published in the Wyoming Eagle newspaper and on their Facebook page along with the information that she was charged with a single felony count for theft.
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

So, corporate bylaws require quarterly financial reports to the membership. Are we going to see these? The next IHMSA News should contain them.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.