Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

June Match Results - Top Shot Silhouette

Post by high standard 40 »

TOP SHOT SILHOUETTE
QUITMAN, LA
JUNE 20, 2020
BY: CHARLIE BRAUD

Due to the COVID-19 issue, this was the first IHMSA Big Bore match for us this year. Philip Braud made the long drive to be with us and he was able to break in a new (to him) UAS gun, a 6TCU Contender. Shooting from the flop position a 40X40 was the result. I have been trying to find a new UAS combination for use with cast bullets and I tried an XP100R in 35 Rem. The gun is very accurate and has great potential if I could just hold the thing still. I did manage a 38X40 after starting with only a 50 yard sight setting and guessing the rest of the way. My efforts with my DW 44 Mag left a lot to be desired. I have not used this gun for silhouette in many, many years and it showed. 27X40 was the best I could do. The load I was using was untried and I obviously need to do further testing. Will Kirste shot a 35X40 with an XP100 7TCU. We had one NRA Cowboy Rifle shooter and his scores are included below.

BIG BORE RESULTS
R/INT............Charlie Braud.....Dan Wesson 44 Mag...........27
UAS/INT.........Philip Braud.......T/C Contender 6 TCU.........40
UAS/INT.........Charlie Braud.....XP100R 35 Rem................38 -- Cast Bullets
UAS/INT.........Will Kirste.........XP100 7TCU....................35 -- Non-Member

NRA Cowboy Rifle

CLA..............Bruce Finley.......Marlin 30-30...................38
CLA-PC..........Bruce Finley.......Marlin...........................39
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer