Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

March Match Results - Ascension Silhouette

Post by high standard 40 »

ASCENSION SILHOUETTE
GONZALES, LA
MARCH 1, 2020
BY: CHARLIE BRAUD

We had a decent crowd for our March match. The father and daughter team of David Heintz and Kayla Bonner made their first appearance of the year and Carey Templet joined us for his first match this season. We’re glad y’all could make it. I decided that I’m going to campaign my iron sighted DW 357 in PHSC this year. I have no hopes of dominating the category but I don’t care much about that anymore. I just want to shoot and have some fun. I was able to manage a 33X40 with a cast bullet load. I designed a bullet specifically for PHSC and had a custom mold cut for it. I’m seeing a lot of potential for this new 140 grain bullet. Carey Templet used his TC 22 Hornet and easily topped my PH score. Ellis Sisk rounded out PHSC field with a 29X40 using a Blackhawk 30 Carbine. Steve Hernandez managed a 17X40 in the Standing category. Clay Marix shot the best UAS score of the day with a 38X40. Ellis Sisk shot a very respectable 39X40 in PH22 using a FA revolver. We also had 3 NRA Cowboy Lever Action Rifle shooters but I did not get their scores. Once again, thanks to everyone who helped pick up the targets and rails after the match.

SMALLBORE RESULTS
S/AA.........Steve Hernandez..Ruger MK..........17
UAS/INT.....Clay Marix..........Ruger Charger.....38
UAS/INT.....Kayla Bonner........Ruger Charger.....37
UAS/INT.....David Heintz.......Ruger Charger.....34

FIFTH SCALE RESULTS
UASFS/AAA.Kayla Bonner........Ruger Charger.....26

PRACTICAL HUNTER RESULTS
PH22/INT....Ellis Sisk.........FA.....................39
PHSC/INT....Carey Templet..TC Contender 22H...39
PHSC/INT....Charlie Braud...DW 357 Mag..........33
PHSC/AA.....Ellis Sisk........Ruger 30 Carbine....29