Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

August Match Results - Top Shot Silhouette

Post by high standard 40 »

TOP SHOT SILHOUETTE
QUITMAN, LA
AUGUST 19, 2017
BY: CHARLIE BRAUD

Our August match was the final scheduled event for the 2017 season. And we could not have asked for better weather. All of our regular attendees were here and some good scores were fired. Our State Director Philip Braud was on hand and started the day off with a UAS 40X40 using his XP100 in 300 Whisper. Local shooter Will Kirste’s UAS effort fell a little short as he finished down two targets for a 38.
New IHMSA member Carey Templet managed a 13X40 with a 7X30 Waters Contender. Bill Hyde shot an 18X40 Standing score with his 22 Hornet Contender, not managing to take any rams. After a fine lunch of pulled pork sandwiches and Peanut Butter cake provided by NRA Cowboy Rifle shooter Danny Hatch, I fired the final Big Bore entry for the year….and managed to succeed in accomplishing a goal that I had failed to achieve for quite some time. I fired an iron sight Cast Bullet 40X40. This was in Unlimited using an unmodified XP100 7BR with Bomar sights. I probably shouldn’t have waited till past 60 years of age to reach this goal. Younger eyes would have helped this to happen sooner. We also had a few NRA Cowboy Rifle shooters today and the scores are listed below. I’ll announce our 2018 schedule as soon as we can finalize that. See Y’all next year.

BIG BORE RESULTS
U/INT................Charlie Braud............XP100 7BR....................40 -- Cast Bullets
S/INT.................Bill Hyde.................22 Hornet.....................18 -- Non-Member
UAS/INT.............Philip Braud..............XP100 300 Whisper..........40
UAS/INT.............Will Kirste................XP100 300 Whisper..........38
UAS/AA..............Carey Templet...........T/C Contender 7X30........13

NRA COWBOY RIFLE

Danny Hatch........PISTOL CARTRIDGE...........34
Bruce Finley........PISTOL CARTRIDGE............31
Bruce Finley........CLA..............................34
Carey Templet.....22 LR............................22
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette