Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

July Match Results - Top Shot Silhouette

Post by high standard 40 »

TOP SHOT SILHOUETTE
QUITMAN, LA
JULY 15, 2017
BY: CHARLIE BRAUD

Another light turnout on the handgun side today with four shooters turning in four entries. Bill Hyde fielded a Ruger Super Blackhawk for a Standing score of 16X40. Will Kirste was back with us after a long absence and posted a UAS 34X40. My neighbor joined us for his first ever Big Bore match and squeaked out a 16X40. His gun of choice was a Contender 7X30 which proved to be a problem child after the first two shots. I spotted for him and we never got that gun figured out. I shot a cast bullet Production entry and finished with a respectable 38X40, missing of all things, a chicken and a pig. The NRA Cowboy Rifle Silhouette shooters helped keep the match busy for us. We owe them thanks for keeping our matches well attended and also for helping with target chores. Regretfully, I don’t have those rifle scores.

BIG BORE RESULTS
P/INT................Charlie Braud...........T/C Contender 7TCU..............38 -- Cast Bullets
S/INT................Bill Hyde.................Ruger 44 Mag.......................16 -- Non-Member
UAS/INT.............Will Kirste...............XP100 221...........................34
UAS/AA..............Carey Templet.........T/C Contender 7X30...............16
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer