Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

June Match Results - Top Shot Silhouette

Post by high standard 40 »

TOP SHOT SILHOUETTE
QUITMAN, LA
JUNE 18, 2016
BY: CHARLIE BRAUD

Father’s Day weekend and yet another rain event held our match participation to only two shooters this month. We were pleased to see Bill Hyde today. Bill was an accomplished IHMSA member many years ago and has decided to try his hand at shooting steel again. He first entry today was on the half scale targets but he did it the hard way; standing with a Ruger Bisley revolver in 357 Mag. He did manage to topple targets at each distance. His second entry was conventional Production Standing using the same Ruger and the result was a respectable score of 18X40. I continued to struggle with my half scale entry managing to hit only 32 with my XP 7TCU. Unlimited was a little better for me with a score of 37X40 shooting in the rain. Thanks to Will Kirste for helping me prepare the range on Friday and spotting for me Saturday. Will was unable to shoot this weekend because of an injury his shooting hand. We did have a couple of NRA Cowboy rifle shooters also but I didn’t get their scores.

BIG BORE RESULTS
S/INT...................Bill Hyde.................Ruger 357 Mag..................18 -- Non-Member
U/INT...................Charlie Braud...........XP100 7 BR......................37 -- Cast Bullets

HALF SCALE RESULTS
UASHS/AAA............Charlie Braud...........XP100 7 TCU.....................32 – Cast Bullets
UASHS/AA..............Bill Hyde................Ruger 357 Mag...................8 -- Non-Member
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer