Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

March 2015 Results - Saline Creek Silhouette

Post by high standard 40 »

SALINE CREEK SILHOUETTE
GOLDONNA, LA
MARCH 21-22, 2015
BY: CHARLIE BRAUD

Our inaugural match is in the history book, in spite of attempts by the weather to prevent it from happening. The first day of competition dawned with a light rain falling. Nobody showed up till nearly an hour after our scheduled start time. I was then pleased to welcome young Jesse Jennings and her mom Robin. Jesse has been involved in our local 4H shooting series so, though she is new to our game, she is no stranger behind the trigger. Using my Contender for a Practical Hunter entry, she was able to muster a very respectable score of 32X40, first entry ever, and in the rain to boot. I was the only other shooter on Saturday and I managed a 40X40 in UAS with my Volquartsen High Standard, also in the rain. The weather was little better on Sunday but rubber boots were required to get to the range. The road into the facility was a mess. However, four brave souls counting myself showed up and we had a great day, firing another eight entries. Van Hutches came down from Bossier City, even though he had acquired his two T/C barrels just a day or two before the match. Trying to sight in unknown equipment as you go is often an exercise in frustration, but I know Van had a great time anyway. I’m sure when he returns his scores will be much better. The husband and wife team of Will and Brenda Kirste attended and between them posted some very respectable scores. Will jumped right into AAA class with his first every attempt at Practical Hunter using a Ruger Single Six Hunter model. Brenda’s first every try at the Fifth Scale targets was impressive with a final tally of 25X40, especially considering that she started without a spotter. I want to thank Will and Brenda for helping me do the hard work of preparing this range for match day. They also stayed and helped pick up after the match. I greatly appreciate it. No small measure of thanks goes out to my wonderful wife Carolyn as well. She drove 220 miles one way to set targets for this match and to provide other help were needed. I am truly blessed and look forward to seeing you all again next month.

SMALLBORE RESULTS

U/INT....................Van Hutches.............T/C Contender..............19
R/A......................Will Kirste................Ruger Single Six.............17
S/INT....................Van Hutches.............T/C Contender...............17
UAS/INT.................Charlie Braud...........Hi/Std Volquartsen..........40
UAS/INT.................Brenda Kirste...........Anschutz......................36
UAS/AAA................Will Kirste...............Anschutz......................39

FIFTH SCALE RESULTS

UASFS/AAA.............Charlie Braud............H/S Volquartsen.............36
UASFS/A.................Brenda Kirste...........Anschutz......................25

PRACTICAL HUNTER RESULTS

PH22LR/AAA............Will Kirste...............Ruger Single Six..............35
PH22LR/AAA............Jesse Jennings..........T/C Contender...............32 Non-Member
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: March 2015 Results - Saline Creek Silhouette

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Great to see you shooting again in LA!

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

The rain, a $500 repair bill on my truck a/c, and home obligations prevented me from attending. Congratulations to all the attendees, and a big "thank you" to Charlie for all his efforts in getting this off of the ground.
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
User avatar United States of America
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Post by AtomicDogg »

Philip,
You don't need no stinking A/C in Louisana !!!

Congrats on the new range and may you have shooters lined up waiting on the chickens
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

AtomicDogg wrote:Philip,
You don't need no stinking A/C in Louisana !!!

Congrats on the new range and may you have shooters lined up waiting on the chickens
Tell you what, amigo - I will do without mine if you do without yours ! (remember, I know how hot it gets in Georgia)
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA