July 14, 2019 - Douglas Ridge Rifle Club Match Report

United States of America
GadgetGeek
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57625

July 14, 2019 - Douglas Ridge Rifle Club Match Report

Post by GadgetGeek »

Another wonderful day on the silhouette range! We had 7 shooters with a total of 10 entries. Here is the rundown.

Ray Shanks was our only Standing entry with his TC 30 Harret. He shot a 17, which was 1 more than his last Standing entry.

Jim Harris made the road trip to see us again and had double 39's. One with his Unlimited XP 7BR (cast bullets), the other with his Production BF 7US (cast bullets). Both scores easily secured Jim 1st place for both Production and Unlimited today.

Peter Clemmer took 2nd shooting a 30 in UAS with his TC 7 INT and also took 2nd place in Smallbore with his Browning Buckmark. Peter’s smallbore score was 21.

Greg Watson took 2nd in UAS with a 25 shooting his XP 7BR. Greg also managed to get one of our new target setters behind the trigger of his XP for some “Big Bore Introduction” towards the end of the day. I do believe we have a new shooter in the making! It only took him smacking one chicken to get a big smile on his face and start discussing options for his own gun.

Dana Harlod shot a 25 with his Production TC 357 and secured 2nd place. He also brought his nephew Zach with him and Zach managed to shoot a 21 his first time behind the trigger of his uncles Sako 7mm Ingram. Pretty confident we have Zach hooked as a big bore shooter now too!

Doug Sigea shot a 22 with his Browning Buckmark pistol which allowed him to take 1st place Smallbore production. One target separated our 1st and 2nd place smallbore shooters this month. Doug also shot a 39 with his XP 7BR to secure his first place victory in UAS.

We all had a great time and it’s always fun visiting with this group of shooters. All are welcome at our matches. We shoot the second Sunday of each month. Rain or shine. The majority of the time we have target setters, but even when we don't it makes for a great time. Look forward to seeing you on the shooting line soon.

Pete
Vice President Doulgas Ridge Rifle Club
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
jcunclejoe
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 54512

Re: July 14, 2019 - Douglas Ridge Rifle Club Match Report

Post by jcunclejoe »

Hello Pete, thank you to you and all of your shooters.
Glad to see the name Ray Shanks. I used to shoot with him 20 years ago along with his partner Dan Swagger.
You are doing an outstanding job and I'm certain you are going to do great things for the range and for IHMSA.
I will load some ammo and come visit.
Be well and shoot great.

Joe
Standing is my favorite category. (Not right in the head)

Oregon State Director
Bend, Oregon Match Director
United States of America
GadgetGeek
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57625

Re: July 14, 2019 - Douglas Ridge Rifle Club Match Report

Post by GadgetGeek »

Thanks Joe! Can't wait to see you on the line.

I know a few guys who are going to be delighted to see you as well! :)

Pete
Vice President Doulgas Ridge Rifle Club
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer