Fifth Scale:
Greg Rhineheimer UASFS-AA TC 36

Field Pistol:
Walt Sweet PAS-AA TC 22 Hornet 25
Greg Rhineheimer PAS-A TC 357 8

Hunter’s Pistol Short Course:
Penny Wichman UAS-AAA Anschutz 36
Ricky Foster UAS-AA Ruger 25

Wow—what a great day for shooting and what a great turnout for the last match of the year. At one time we actually had 8 people on line at the same time. That’s a record for this year. Welcome and Congratulations to Ricky Foster who was visiting from Anderson County and got his first ever 40 X 40. Great Shooting and hope to see you back next year!
Walt Sweet came to shoot today. He started out with a 40 x 40 plus 8 shoot off targets in Big Bore UAS, and followed it up by knocking down 40 X 40 plus 8 of the little critters. Great Shooting, Walt. Tom Wood also had 2 40 X 40’s, one as a re-entry. Larry Egan continues getting closer and closer to that 40 X 40 with a fine 38 in UAS-AAA. Joe Puffert had a little problem with a scope malfunction and only knocked down 4 chickens. Came back after a slight repair and knocked down all of the rest of the targets for a 34.
Ed Ledbetter was our only brave open sight shooter and had a fine 39, missing only one ram. Welcome back to Bob Baur who missed most of the season due to arm surgery. He came back with a fine 35 in UAS-AA.
In Small bore, Greg Rhineheimer led the way with a 40 X 40 plus 4 out of five little chicken shoot off targets. Bob Baur also had a good score of 35 in UAS-AA, and was our only open sight shooter, shooting his Dan Wesson revolver and getting his first leg into R-AA. Ricky Foster also had a 35 in UAS-AA his first time through, technically winning the class on reverse ram count. Both missed 3 rams, but Ricky hit more pigs than Bob. Greg was our only fifth scale shooter and had a fine score of 36 to get his first leg into UASFS-AAA.
Walt and Greg were the only field pistol shooters, and each won their respective classes. Ricky and I were the only practical hunter short course shooters and each of us won our respective classes.
I would like to thank everyone who came and shot with us this past year. We had a great year, but we need more shooters. Be sure to talk to your shooting buddies and let them know how much fun we have. Hopefully everyone will be able to bring a friend next year! Look forward to seeing everyone at our first match in March.
Penny
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Re: NKSSA--Crittenden, KY October 30, 2011

Post by 35isit »

WOW! What a great day. Some really fine shooting going on up there. Congrats to everyone who shot 40s. I had to use a crowbar to get Ricky's head out of my Jeep when I got him back to his truck :)) . You guys in Ky and southern Oh and In are missing some fine matches. The range is nice (there's a picture at the top of the page). Hope to see some new faces next year.

We forgot to get Ricky's 40x40 card, but Penny mailed it to us so he could have it. Thanks Penny.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
Boomer
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57468

Re: NKSSA--Crittenden, KY October 30, 2011

Post by Boomer »

It was a great day all around. Allot of great people showed up, the weather was near perfect & there was some great shooting going on!

I am already looking forward to next year!

Hey Greg, I need to borrow your forum name for awhile #-o
Regards,
Bob

NRA Life
IHMSA Life