Anderso County 5-1-2016

User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Anderso County 5-1-2016

Post by 35isit »

The Anderson County Sportsman Club would like to thank the Queen of Silhouette again. The back wall had became so dilapidated and needed repair we tore it out and planned to put up metal siding. All those that have been there or seen pictures of our range know what I'm talking about. Well my beautiful wife volunteered to help David Bemis accomplish the installations. About seven hours of labor from her and David had it accomplished on April 30th. As a member of the club and IHMSA I want to thank my wife for her unending support of IHMSA and the local matches. So if you see her or David and shoot at our range give them a big thank you!

We had a great match on the 1st until the tornado came through. Then we decided to ride it out protected by the new wall David and Kathy built. There was some really good scores shot before the storm hit. In smallbore UAS-INT Robbie Ross was the smarty pants and knocked them all down. Ricky Foster hit them all but only got credit for 39 (they don't always fall from half bullet hits :(( ). I proceeded to miss two turkeys for a 38. I'll get them. Old age and cunning will beat youth and skill next time.

In bigbore Ricky brought his new 7tcu and fired a 38 with no sight settings and Ted Malone wrangled a 26 in standing. Not too shabby guys.

Hopefully more will come next month and the tornado will not hit as close. Come see us on June 5th. We really do have a good time.

Smallbore
U-AAA D Bemis 31
UAS-INT R Ross 40
UAS-INT R Foster 39
UAS-INT G Rhineheimer 38
P-AAAD Bemis 24

Field Pistol
PAS-AAA S Rafferty 18
PAS-A G Rhineheimer 8

Bigbore
U-AAA T Malone 30
S-INT T Malone 26