jrywho
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 43487

JPRPC Paducah, KY 8-23-15

Post by jrywho »

Jackson Purchase Rifle and Pistol Club
Paducah, KY
August 23, 2015

We had a forecast for poor weather conditions but rain did not materialize. End result we had 32 entries, 18 were sanctioned IHMSA firearms. This was by far the most interesting match of the year due to a few unforeseen circumstances.
Some good, and some not so good!
First I would like to welcome our visitors. Those that traveled a great distance thank you for making the extra effort to support JPRPC. We had some great competition in numerous categories. First in BB UAS John Howard once again leads with a 39 plus 8 shoot off targets. I also shot a 39/8 missing 1 ram. John wins this match by reverse ram count! Dennis Sanderson was very close posting a respectful 37. Congratulations John nice shooting!
In Unlimited Standing Richard Hawkins took the honors with a solid 34. Richard also had excellent scores in Unlimited and 1/5 scale. Pete Wories posted his best ever score of 26 in US. Pete tells me the turkeys are his nemesis. Most likely it is a downfall caused by an inescapable agent!
William Parmley shot IHMSA Practical Hunter Short Course and posted one of his highest scores of 36. I would like encourage more to consider the Long and Short course Practical Hunter category. It has relatively no rules other than firearm length and to be shot in a safe position. I would be happy to answer any questions regarding Practical Hunter.
In our Tactical 4 Position Club Match things heated up this month with a three way tie for first place.
We had three scores of 35! To determine the winner we had to rely on the reverse count method once again. Coming out on top was William Edwards. William shot all 10 targets at 100 yards. Richard Hawkins and Tra Tharp both hit 5 at that distance. Outstanding shooting by the entire Tactical group as seen by the posted scores. Congratulations William!
Last but not least we had two Jr Prone Shooters this month. First time competitor Noelle M.
shot a very good score of 37. Welcome to our match and hope to see you return. Brook B returned for her second match. She shot a high score of 36. Jr's shoot the tactical targets prone.

Now to address the earlier statement, Some good, and some not so good!
As seen by the match events reported we are continuing to host successful and prosperous matches. Unfortunately with growth comes unforeseen issues. Our growth is certainly a good thing and we hope to progress throughout the year. For the first time we experienced some confusion on the firing line due to the added participation. There are multiple reasons I believe this problem occured. I plan to address these issues in the upcoming September Match alert. We will have to make some adjustments to the match logistics and procedures. The changes will be designed to allow each person shoot with less confusion on the firing line. Also equal some of the work load of resetting targets. Only a few participate setting targets at the present time. This is an all volunteer activity and the goal is for everyone to have the best shooting experience possible.
More on these subjects in the September Match Alert.
Once again thank you to everyone that helped make this a successful match.

BIG BORE-----------------
Production
AA Steve Beck Montgomery TC 357 Mag 29
AA John Howard MOA 7 BR 20

Unlimited
INT Richard Hawkins Zebra 6.5BR 39/5
AA Steve Beck Montgomery TC 357 Max 30
AA Dennis Sanderson TC 30-221 29

Unlimited Any Sight
INT John Howard XP-100 7BR 39/8 (Ram Count)
INT Jerry Stringham XP-100 30-221 39/8
AAA Dennis Sanderson TC 30-221 37

Unlimited Standing
INT Richard Hawkins XP-100 7BR 34
AA Pete Wories XP-100 7BR 26
AA Judy Stringham TC 6.5TCU 7 (DNF)

FIELD PISTOL ---------------
Production
AAA Darell Holcombe TC 22 Hornet 23

Production Any Sight
AAA Darell Holcombe TC 30-20 20
AA Judy Stringham TC 22 Hornet 19
AA Pete Wories TC 22 Hornet 12

1/5 SCALE
Unlimited Any Sight
AAA Richard Hawkins Ruger Charger 22LR 39
AA Kathy Howard Anschutz 23

Practical Hunter Short Course
AAA William Parmley Ruger SS 22WMR 36

*****4 POSITION TACTICAL 22LR RIFLE (Club match)*****

OPTIC
William Edwards CZ-455 Bolt 35 ( 10 targets at 100yds)
Richard Hawkins Bolt 35
Tra Tharp Keystone 722 Bolt 35
John McCutchen CZ-455 Bolt 33
William Parmley Ruger 10-22 Semi 33
William Parmley Ruger 10-22 Semi 32
Don Pitt Ruger 77-22 Bolt 28

*****JR TACTICAL PRONE (Club Match)*****
Noelle M Anschutz Bolt 37 Iron Sight
Brook B Remington 597 Semi 36 Optic
Brook B Remington 597 Semi 34 Optic
Brook B Remington 597 Semi 29 Optic
Brook B Remington 597 Semi 26 Optic